Photos, yes or no?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
This is a subject that I think needs a lot of discussion as there are a whole bunch of different aspects to the whole photo story.

First up is the old "photo as proof" concept. Now for me I have never been one to demand photos from subs, they are nice if they offer but not a requirement. However there are times I bend that rule, if I have reason to doubt someone is genuine a simple proof photo will often sort things out. It doesn't have to be anything revealing in any way, I have an example I made today here:
proof.jpg

Now you will note from this you can see it was done recently and as my hand is visible I am obviously male and not a kid. If someone isn't willing to provide something as basic as this then I would suggest they aren't who they say they are. Oh and if they come back with "my webcam is broken" or "I don't have a camera" that's rubbish, who can't take a photo these days?

Next is the more racy type of photos, nudes or harder stuff. Say someone sends you some of these claiming they are of them, do you just take that at face value or would it be reasonable to ask for one more with a similar little note attached so you know they are theirs to share. Why is this important, well consider if they are from a jilted boyfriend wanting to get revenge on an ex, now if you share these around you fall foul of the law if you're not careful.

Thirdly is the ethics of someone sharing photos with you. Once they have entrusted them to you what then? Apart from the previous concept of making sure they are theirs to share in the first place, my thoughts have always been unless they specifically ask you to share them keep them to yourself. Do not wait for an explicit "don't show them to anyone else" from the sub just take it as read that you don't spread them around.

And finally something worth making doubly sure of if you are planning on sending photos to someone and use your phone to take the photos. Please make sure it isn't syncing to your iPad or any other device or you may end up sharing your private moments with another family member or friend!

Ok so some starting points, I would really like to see some serious discussion on this so lets hear your thoughts...

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Remaining anonymous

I had an interesting pm from someone who wanted to remain anonymous but she raised an important point, providing proof without giving up your identity. She loved sending photos as it gave her a thrill but a couple of times had made mistakes that gave away a lot more than she intended.

It is perfectly possible of course to take quite explicit photos that don't identify you in any way. Close ups and carefully cropped pictures can ensure you provide your proof photos without disclosing any identifiable features. So some tips to keep your photos "identity free", other than the obvious one of excluding your face;

1. Check your photo background, make sure you exclude anything that is obvious. Go for plain backgrounds or crop them out. Unusual bedsheets, quilts, bedside items, framed photos, etc could be a give away.
2. Jewellery or tattoos, look for any items that others may recognise such as rings or necklaces or even prominent scars.
3. Reflections. This is what prompted the pm from the member, a self shot pic in a mirror including stuff she didn't intend to show.

Following these simple tips could mean even if the pics "get out" they wont compromise your life!

Anyone have more to add?

Reactions: nina

KinkyGirl202

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jun 17, 2015
Oopsie

As I don't often take 'body' selfies, I often get part of my face in them. I don't want to be exposed!

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
A good, simple photo editing program I use is Irfanview, its free and has very simple controls to edit and crop photos. In addition you can use effects such as "pixilize" and "blur" if you'd rather not crop to remove face and other features from your pics.
It is also useful for reducing the size of photos before uploading them.
Can be found here: www.irfanview.com

Alternatively you can crop and apply other effects directly on your phone after taking pics, all Android phones include this as part of the Gallery app. I'm sure iPhone has something similar...

Last edited:

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Oh man that's the worst! When you are suspicious and you ask, ever so politely, to verify that they are who they say they are. It's not like you're asking for their social security number and back accounts!

They get so offended by it. If they refuse to verify, I usually just stop talking to them.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I am reviving this thread as it is timely given the recent making official of the no ID in photos rule.

Playing exposure games is all well and good until someone malicious decides to take it too far, then it can become a real life disruption of major proportions. So consider what you include in your photos before you set them free to the cloud.

As mentioned above, its not only your face you need to consider. Sometimes people will pick up on some detail in the background that they recognise, tie that to a photo on your vanilla facebook page and bam!
0674.jpg
Something like this has way too much individual, personal detail in the shot.
0609.jpg
Even this still has show through of some poster on the wall and bedding which if they are in any of your socials photos could be matched by someone.

But it doesn't have to be that way, in fact by picking the right angles and composition you can snap a super sexy shot and not give away anything that could identify you.
0606.jpg
See? You would have to know this gal REALLY WELL to identify her from this angle.
Or this one,
0630.jpg
Even with the lower face visible there is almost no chance of doing any kind of photo matching to tie this to an identity

Now as it happens all 4 of these samples are from web galleries that have been around a while, all the same girl. I doubt she considered how many times these images would be copied and downloaded when she was having fun taking them...

Reactions: nina and The king

Centurion01

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 4, 2014
NE England
I rarely get invested with a sub / switch / domme without live photo proof.
-cam broken excuse is a end of convo.
-picture from a gallery or found only results in a block.

my view is if a person cant or arent willing to verify then they arent worth my time.
so for those that are rel but just dont want to share pics. but as Doc says...
its easy doesnt have to be revealing or identifiable.
but complete unwillingness... just shows how invested or serious about kink the person is.

Punpkin

<:: Verified ::>
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 17, 2018
I can agree with everyone and I totally understand why pic proof is a necessity but I can say that I am in a situation myself where I'm quite sure I'm not the only one, I'm simply terrified of taking any kind of pictures, including the simple just showing my own hands or as an another example showing the pins I had while doing a dare, due to a previous bad experience. After that experience I tried again and I did do the simple note in hand pic and the person I sent it to just didn't believe me and demanded more since apparently he couldn't tell if I was really a girl from my hand...I had to stop there since there wasn't much I could've done. I tried and just the idea of pics it's terrifying, I'm trying to get over it but keep in mind it may be a lot harder for some people than you imagine even if it barely shows anything. Also about the broken camera or not having one and as doc said " who can't take a photo these days " I broke my phone and I don't have a web camera. I'm not the kind of person that likes taking selfies a billion times a day so I never cared about actually having a camera and barely ever use it. And while having a broken phone can be a decent excuse I personally would at least say I'll get it fixed in x days and I'll be able to send a simple proof then if you're willing to wait. But I do agree that refusing anything is fishy and I hate people not being honest about this since that is one of the most important aspects of this kink since it's based around it just like any kind of relationship as well and because it created the situation where proof pics became a necessity.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
This is a good reason to take advantage of the Verified status title being offered here. The mods will determine the verification without the need to post publicly and from then on other members will know the person is genuine without the need to pester them for proof.
Of course the trust is a two way thing, and most importantly a sub needs to trust a dom knows what he is doing which in my experience is much more of a problem.

Punpkin

<:: Verified ::>
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 17, 2018
This is a good reason to take advantage of the Verified status title being offered here. The mods will determine the verification without the need to post publicly and from then on other members will know the person is genuine without the need to pester them for proof.
Of course the trust is a two way thing, and most importantly a sub needs to trust a dom knows what he is doing which in my experience is much more of a problem.
Agreed...the amount of people saying they have a lot of experience and then messing up on basic stuff it's an absolute pain...

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Slave572

Banned
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Dec 22, 2018
Imagefap makes a check and gives confirmation. Why do you look for more?

Centurion01

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 4, 2014
NE England
lol, image fap.

you know reverse image search only work for a copy of a picture right..

like as example a picture that has been cropped, or reversed, wont give results like the original.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
lol, image fap.

you know reverse image search only work for a copy of a picture right..

like as example a picture that has been cropped, or reversed, wont give results like the original.
And its hardly the most reliable method anyway, even googles best image matching misses the mark a lot.

No, the only reliable way is to ask for a specific pic that can't just be found somewhere online.

Centurion01

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 4, 2014
NE England
Oh they must have changed it since I made a account years ago., I never had to do that

So its the same as verification here....

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Yes its a commonly used method and optional on imagefap.
Since we don't have access to their verifications if someone grabs a bunch of pics from there, posts them here and says "thats me on imagefap and look I'm verified" it doesn't prove anything.

We will only be tagging members verified if we have done it ourselves.

Slave572

Banned
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Dec 22, 2018
Oh they must have changed it since I made a account years ago., I never had to do that

So its the same as verification here....
You can use your Imagefap's account without confirmation. But if you want to have confirmation send them your photo.

Slave572

Banned
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Dec 22, 2018
Yes its a commonly used method and optional on imagefap.
Since we don't have access to their verifications if someone grabs a bunch of pics from there, posts them here and says "thats me on imagefap and look I'm verified" it doesn't prove anything.

We will only be tagging members verified if we have done it ourselves.
Imagefap confirms your gender and that you are over 18 years old.

Reactions: Misspain07

Featured Threads

New Personals