Reclaiming "Daddy"

DudeReclaimed

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Trans Man
  • Switch
Jan 9, 2021
I was wondering if there's a trend of people with abusive fathers reclaiming the word Daddy?

I do and I'm FtM so there's and extra layer to it for me as well.

boi

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Non-Binary
  • Switch
Feb 8, 2021
I think it's common to reclaim words this way, sexuality and kink is a powerful to reclaim a lot of things in my point of view.

In my experience, i think i need a Daddy to be able to be a lot of things i wasn't able to be.

I'm sorry if my answer is not good, i'm new here, your post just attracted me... sorry

Have a great day ^^

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Most definitely. It is quite common for people to try and turn a negative past into something positive there by "taking back the power" if you will.
I have seen the daddy factor as you mention in the lifestyle used to compensate for negative father history. (to clarify im not saying all ddlg are into it for this reason)
Cnc is a good kink for people trying to take back times of abuse. I had a local with ptsd from sexual abuse. recreations of past scenes with the safety knowing she had someone she could trust with her allowed her to sort of heal that bad past from her deep inside.
Neck grabbing and anal seem to be similar ones as well.

Ideally i think its just knowing one can address and confront those long term negative fears within a safe space and that helps them heal.

Featured Threads

New Personals