Safety tips for extreme kink?

Vampiric_Lust

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Mar 20, 2019
Hi all, I am new to this website and kink in general so wanted advise about particular kinks/fetishes.
I am into choking, knifeplay, bloodplay, biting (otherwise known as vampirism)

How do you engage in slightly dangerous kink without causing any infection due to the type of kink I am into?
Is there a safe way of doing choking? Someone in the past mentioned wanting to use their belt but it sounded a bit scary.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
First a disclaimer, blood play can be dangerous, cutting too deep resulting in uncontrolled bleeding can kill. This information is for harm minimization purposes only.
Always have a good first aid kit on hand and never play alone.
A good guide for anything blood related is to use common sense and ensure everything you use is clean and as sterile as possible. Boiling in water for 20 minutes is good for most blades or use pure alcohol if in a hurry. The biggest issue with knife type play is the cut zones can be pretty random so to give yourself the best chance of avoiding infection shower and wash with chlorhexidine (a pre-surgical wash you can get from the chemist) which will remove most skin based bacteria for a while.

Breath play is another very dangerous activity that can kill, NEVER attempt alone. Never use anything around your neck that cannot be released instantly. This is not a beginner activity and is one of the most common causes of play related accidental death in the bdsm community.

Vampiric_Lust

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Mar 20, 2019
I have limited experience with sex or none with kink, other than online Role play and joining fetish, ddlg websites and asking a lot of questions about kink, but still interested.
I am going to pursue a relationship with someone but I have never had a boyfriend, due to men being abusive to me in the past, I'm not used to men being interested in me especially since I am a sub/masochist and like ddlg. I am the shy, naive, innocent type, and can be too trusting of the wrong type of people that don't have my best interests at heart, but I love/respect myself and I know what I want.
I like pain, so that's why I am interested in rough sex or particular kink/fetishes.
Thank you for replying to my post with helpful information, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
short answer here on the belt part. anytime youre doing breath play make sure that its an instant release when needed as droptocon said. for your belt example sliding it through the buckle is fine so long as the prong is removed or taped back in a position so that it wont engage the belt holes keeping it locked in place around your neck. another point to note on in person couples breath play is that you dont actually crush the esophagus. when playing the pressure shouldnt be on the front of your neck. that could crush your esophagus and result in death or at minimum injury and internal bruising. the key is to work the sides of her neck on the two main veins and essentially limit the blood flow there, it gives the feel of loss of breath without the danger of actually depriving of oxygen. start slow and with someone who has exp. this is not something you do with a new dom. if he cant give detailed examples and knowledge dont participate.

blood play and biting. in person make sure your partner is tested and clean mix of fluids is high risk here. With regards to cutting dont go deep dont go over main artery areas. have materials on hand to stop excessive bleeding and clean all open cuts. also emergency purposes have a phone within reach.

knife play can be done safely by just a sensory type play. dragging the cold steel lightly across your skin in all the erogenous sensual areas. this is more of a mental and touch type effect versus the cuttting in methods. you can also use it to carve wax off if youre into wax play. my local sub loved having it shaved off her with a fresh blade after wax play.

just keep your safety in mind with all this and any other stuff. dont trust the google doms and the ones who dont seem to know what theyre doing. trust your gut if it feels wrong is probably is.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Vampiric_Lust

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Mar 20, 2019
I am interested in wax play to be honest, but not sure how to do it safely. Since no potential relationship has worked out so far I don't really have much hope that I will ever have a boyfriend, that is a daddy dom :/

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Wax play is actually one of the safer things to try if you do it right.
Most common candles use paraffin wax which has quite a low melting point at close to body temperature (37C -100F) which is why they droop and sag if left in direct sunlight. This means when one of these candles is burning you get a pool of wax directly under the flame which is drawn up the wick to fuel the candle and keep it burning. The pool is being continuously melted by the flame which raises the temp of the melted wax more. This is where you need to be careful, if it sits there too long, as in tea light candles it can get very hot, but with smaller candles dripped continuously the wax is hot enough to give a little sting but not hot enough to burn.

VirtDom

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 21, 2015
Near Munich, Germany
To make a ling story short and not to repeat everything already said: Always keep it safe and sane! Especially if it comes to any damage of your body or messing with your aspiration. The best advice besides safe and sane is to always have everything within reach you need to help yourself and to get help.

@droptokon: You always proof your knowledge as a doctor and explain the technical details as well. Great job!

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
To make a ling story short and not to repeat everything already said: Always keep it safe and sane! Especially if it comes to any damage of your body or messing with your aspiration. The best advice besides safe and sane is to always have everything within reach you need to help yourself and to get help.

@droptokon: You always proof your knowledge as a doctor and explain the technical details as well. Great job!
Thanks for the kudos, I believe very strongly that education and understanding is the only way. Just telling people do this or don't do that without explaining why helps no one.

Featured Threads

New Personals