Secondary self bondage release ideas

Itsame2

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2013
My typical self bondage release method is a computer program timer that releases the CD tray when the time is up, so I know exactly how long the session will last. This releases a key on the end of a string for my handcuffs. I usually set the timer pretty short and use a vibrator for some extra excitement. I really want to push the timer longer, but always chicken out for fear of "needing" to get out (I am somewhat claustrophobic).

I'm really looking for a backup release method that would allow me to get out right away instead of waiting for the timer, but would cause some pain, humiliation, etc as a deterrent for not waiting. Anyone have any good ideas I could use?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
One method I have used for my self bondage subs is to tape a spare key to a leg or arm using a large square of duct tape, depending on where you put it that can be rather painful to get to. Of course the downside is the tape has to be removed afterwards anyway but this can be done much more gently by soaking in hot water for a while.

IzzAvenged

Catfish warning
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Oct 5, 2018
I have been using timer locks available on Amazon.

Since I am still testing them, I don't quite trust them as my sole release... yet. But they are promising.

Duct taping a key.... Interesting.

hood

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Slave
May 9, 2011
Freezing a key in ice-cubes of piss or cum? If it urgent you will have to suck the key out.
Bigger ice cube, more sucking and a longer wait.

Reactions: Rage

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
I have been using timer locks available on Amazon.

Since I am still testing them, I don't quite trust them as my sole release... yet. But they are promising.

I have one of those and tried it several times and finally put it to use recently. NOTE: the battery life is limited! Be sure to plug it in and charge it before you plan on using it, even if you left it mostly charged 'last time'... I used it in conjunction with another lock that I would have to really work to get to it's key, and it was only part of the initial release from the really restrictive/mobility aspect.. So, I still had to get to that other lock's key to keep working my way free, just made it easier.. Specific application was a hogtie that I could wiggle about, but adding this cable timelock to tighten things up, yet still not make it impossible to get to the key, then once the time was up, it was a bit easier, but still difficult. I've used ice timers for a similar application.. In selfbondage, keeping play safe is very important, but being able to enjoy at least part of a scene where one has no way of undoing their restraints and has to wait is the closest we can come to having someone else controlling things.
Anyway.. My review of these time locks is favorable and provided you have experimented with one enough, you should be able to trust them, just as with any release, always have a backup plan like wire cutters you have to pull 150 feet of string to have them within reach or whatever...

Benedicct

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 5, 2016
My typical self bondage release method is a computer program timer that releases the CD tray when the time is up, so I know exactly how long the session will last.

Very good in case of power failure or windows crash (ha ha ha)

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
Very good in case of power failure or windows crash (ha ha ha)
That app that does the cd tray has been around a while. It has a setting for low battery and I've used it before. Best if done with a laptop!! That way the program can sense the low battery condition and eject the tray. I use a USB drive that physically ejects the tray rather than just unlocking and spitting it out a bit so there's less chance of the key on a string remaining stuck...

Featured Threads

New Personals