So what did you think would happen?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Posts are made every day here from people wanting ideas, tasks, punishments and what have you. Sometimes they beg, often they're quite blunt but the gist is the same, "I'm new, I need some ideas for things to do."

For the most part I don't respond, but I do watch how they play out. The usual flow is there will be several posts of the "do you have kik?" variety and the odd suggestion of something to try.
All too often the original poster then responds, "got anything else?"

On occasions I'll pick the odd one and follow up just to see how it goes and, nine times out of ten it's the same shtick. Despite posting a creative suggestion to try the comeback is "ok, but got anything else?"

Now to me it seems kinda obvious that if you don't detail what kind of things you're interested in, what toys or equipment you have or what your living situation is you're going to get a fairly random response. Seriously, what do you think is going to happen? Out of the blue, some random on the internet will come up with the perfect suggestion for you?

But here's the rub, quite a few people here are experienced with bdsm, they have a good grasp of what works and what doesn't and in fact probably know better than you what will work for you. If you won't even try a task before asking for something else what incentive are you giving back to the person creating your tasks? Just because you don't get to cum in the first 5 minutes doesn't mean jack, a lot of bdsm works by building an experience out of small, accumulated things.
I know that's not what everyone wants but if you just want someone to guide you through masturbation then say so. If you ask for something painful expect it will hurt, if you ask for humiliating tasks expect they might seem pointless but remember, YOU ASKED FOR IT.

The biggest thing so many miss in all this is the obedience factor, if you ask "Tell me what do" then what are you expecting?

So for instance, "tell me what to do to my tits" is a pretty common type of request. But with only that to go on?
  • Smear them in peanut butter and go for a jog
  • Smack them with a wooden spoon until they are so red and sore you can't see them for tears
  • Shut them in a cupboard door
  • Jump up and down so they slap you in the face
  • Fry them on a bbq
  • Rub them with olive oil until you go to sleep
  • Stick fire ants in your bra
You see what you open up here?
Without context it's a meaningless request. Obviously you don't want to fry your tits on a bbq but maybe going for a jog with peanut buttered boobs is actually ok, how are we supposed to know?
So when someone gives you a task that is middle of the road, maybe sounds a little boring how about just doing it and then coming back for more? Report, "that was interesting", give some details and then ask a little more specifically for the next idea.

An experienced practitioner of bdsm will start slowly and work up, it might seem silly but try the peanut butter and see what comes next, follow through on what you asked for. A big part of the kick for submissives is doing as they're told, it often doesn't matter what the task is, if you do it to make your Dom happy you get that positive feedback. Don't be impatient, a good Dom will be sounding you out, testing and probing to see how you respond.
This isn't an instant gratification hobby, if you wanna play, be prepared to play the longer game. I can guarantee it's worth it.

This isn't just some rant from me, I'm genuinely trying to start a conversation about this so if you don't agree say so. Tell me what your point of view is, this is how we learn from each other.

Last edited:

subbysecret

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jun 3, 2012
This is such an important post, it's really difficult and off-putting when you're trying to get to know a "sub" and get a feel for what they might like, what they can and can't do, you try and think of something that will push them a little but not too much and... Nothing. No feedback, no reply - and then they start a new thread and it all just goes round again

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Couldn’t agree more. I pass over most of the “task me” or “punish me” posts. It’s just a waste of my time. Plus most times there’s plenty of “Doms” willing to half ass a fantasy response with no info anyways so I just let them all have themselves. Lol. Basically the blind leading the blind. I Look for effort on the subs end before I will invest my effort anymore. If at minimum you haven’t included limits, likes, dislikes, toys avail, level of privacy, etc then I just pass them over. You get out what you put in.
I will however try to interject if the task given by someone seems it might be a danger and the original poster asking hasn’t shown a level of experience to know better.

Reactions: Grxcy

SirD

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2021
Wow! Can we make this a required read prior to being able to post?

JOEdgerNC

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 8, 2021
What if your drawn to the kink/bdsm community but have no idea what, exactly, draws you No real idea what your looking for other than experiences? Yes, it is possible to be that out of touch with yourself, lol.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

garry0993

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 6, 2020
What if your drawn to the kink/bdsm community but have no idea what, exactly, draws you No real idea what your looking for other than experiences? Yes, it is possible to be that out of touch with yourself, lol.
I would suggest for people like this, do not post at all but to read more and do a bit more research to know if they are really into kinky. Usually guys just into being a "dom/master" because they think they can just ask for nude with the title and girl think it is "fun" by looking from afar.

There isn't anything wrong with a newbie come and posting. But there is a difference between lazy posts and post from newbie who has interest. Instead of asking for punishment and task right away, without knowing any kinks and limits to begin with, is a very dangerous thing. Plus there are things you can put in as well. For example, "brand new need guidence/help with my questions" etc.

Besides, with internet being so easy to use, it is not really hard to do some basic research and find out what are some potential kinks and limits. Not doing however just shows laziness. And I believe this post is talking about such kind of lazy posting.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
You've really hit on a core issue here, what do you do if you are keen and new?

As the previous post from @garry0993 said it's really about lurking and reading to get a feel for what goes on. Impatience is the biggest problem for many but jumping in feet first isn't the way. Far too often it leads to frustration and disappointment on both sides and can even be dangerous. Not understanding that instructions given out by randoms on these type of forums may sometimes endanger you, cause serious injury or even be deadly.
You can gain some experience solo by reading back through older posts, there are some awesome ideas for tasks that you can pick and choose from without having to involve anyone else. That way if you get part way through and decide you don't like it no one is offended because you didn't complete it.
Once you've spent time playing around a bit like that you will then be better prepared to post in a more meaningful way.

FadedxDharma

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 28, 2021
"Besides, with internet being so easy to use,"

Not using the full quote but, this phrase really sticks out to me. I believe it has much to do with the entire internet culture and instant gratification. It's not always the case but, it is in a lot of them.

No real work needed and no time spent to get where you want to be. I don't know, I could be wrong...

Featured Threads

New Personals