Sub safety, rules, proper Dom training

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
Hi, everyone. This website came to my attention for personal reasons. As a long term Sub, I am wondering what rules apply in this space? How are Subs kept safe , as the incredibly precious commodity we are? How are Doms as well as Suns vetted for safety?

garry0993

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 6, 2020
welcome here. Hope you will have fun and find what you are looking for.

Though I don't fully understand your question here. If you meant the posting rules, then there are specific post you can look up
For example
https://www.kinktalk.com/talk/threads/kinktalk-com-rules.8/
and

If you mean the general kink community rule, then I suppose it is same as everywhere else, respect the kinks and limits as well as watch out for the internet creeps. It should be the same as communicate with others irl. There really shouldn't be any difference in talking in person and online.

And you can report anyone who is not following rules to the mods and they can take care of it. Usually they are pretty fast on it.

Last edited:

Rleee

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 20, 2021
I can only speak as per personal experience, but for me, this is how it goes.

First, I think if you're to give orders to someone, you are at least somewhat responsible for safety involving that. So, as a Dom, I think it's important for me to make sure whatever I'm asking for is safe.

Second, I think communication is key. For both physical and emotional safety, it's important for the Sub to be at least communicative enough to be able to express anything that might not be going as it should. Be it sub-drop (feeling emotionally distressed during or after sessions), or pain outside what should be considered normal for play, or anything else, it's important that the Sub can relay that kind of important information if it happens.
To that, I add, there is always the chance something will go wrong, even though a responsible Dom does what they can to minimize that.

And third, to me, would be readiness... Being prepared to handle things in case something bad does happen. That includes knowing (or at least having an idea) of what's normal and what isn't, being ready to get the Sub help (or instruct them to if remotely), or to comfort them in case it's an emotional issue.

As for vetting, I'd say for Subs, they always have to be communicative enough, and as for Doms, they have to show concern for safety and being ready to help if something does go wrong.

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
Right, and obviously anonymity is a huge concern for many people. However, when one joins a fringe political group, in example, there are typically questions one must answer to gain entrance. Of course, risk can never be completely obliterated in our lifestyle and orientation. However, perhaps, it might be a little more difficult for predators or untrained/ improperly trained dons to enter this space? This, subs, who most of us are female might enjoy a bit more safety in our preferred method of sexual expression?????

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
I am wondering how admins might feel about a set of questions. I literally got into this site in a couple of clicks. Or, a method in which Subs can report intrusive or out of boundaries behavior by doms. Probably both. Maybe a list for Subs to follow that a novice might not know, in order to keep themselves safe???? How do we get an admin in here???,

Focusonme

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 16, 2020
I think that there is an issue of scammers and fake people joining, however the admin staff are usually very good at blocking these members or changing their profiles. If you look where it says member, this may become suspected fake etc. Other advice I would give is that you can ask people questions that someone if they had nothing to hide would not be afraid to give. Anonymity as you've said can be important, but that doesn't mean someone can't do a peace sign in the air, or hold up 3 fingers... Those things can show someone is real without giving away personal details. Hopefully that helps!!

Reactions: LilBecca4095

garry0993

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 6, 2020
In this case, there isn't any restriction on you can post what at when. I believe anyone can post anything once they registered. Personally I think it is a good and bad thing.
For example, I lurked around a bit before I register. So naturally even when I am familiar with how it works here, without any post history, I am still free to chat with anyone and post my ads when I wanted to. Personally I dislike the idea of there is a set pre-designed set of rules I need to do after I registered. Because it kinda defeats the purpose of registering itself.

Though I get your idea of a set of questions before you can post. It's true we can rule out countless creeps here. I can't even count how many fake "females submissive" I have reported as they are clearly horny male just want to exploit girls and get quick nudes. But at the same time, there are creeps would still sneak through the hoop because that's what they do.

As it being a kinky website here, I suppose one advantage is that everyone here should be 18 and above, so ideally everyone should have a better sense of self protection. One way to help is to check their post history. Personally, if they don't have a post history, I won't approach them without suspicion .

For report any bad behavior, there is the report button right under each post. That's how you report it.

Rleee

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 20, 2021
I personally think new Subs have way too much trouble managing to step up and get here in the first place. There's no need to make it even more difficult for newcomers to get to what they need...
As for reporting users, as people have kindly said above, there is already a way to do so...

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
I think that there is an issue of scammers and fake people joining, however the admin staff are usually very good at blocking these members or changing their profiles. If you look where it says member, this may become suspected fake etc. Other advice I would give is that you can ask people questions that someone if they had nothing to hide would not be afraid to give. Anonymity as you've said can be important, but that doesn't mean someone can't do a peace sign in the air, or hold up 3 fingers... Those things can show someone is real without giving away personal details. Hopefully that helps!!
But, do you not think that a “vetting “ process or some entrance questions might be a good idea?

Focusonme

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 16, 2020
But, do you not think that a “vetting “ process or some entrance questions might be a good idea?
There is the opportunity to 'vet' yourself through the forum of verification. I think its important to consider that some people may have reasons for not wanting to go through this - for example someone may hope to become a lawyer or someone may be a semi professional athlete looking to turn pro. I think because there is no pressure to post anything you can choose who you message and ensure theyre verified, but I do understand what you're saying, I'm just not sure how it could be managed.

Rleee

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 20, 2021
I specifically disagree. I think people who have never done this and are looking to for the first time should (and are meant to) be just as welcome here as anyone else.

I do see the problem you're posing, but I think the only practical way of helping it, besides active moderation, is to spread awareness on things related to safety and giving out advice.

garry0993

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 6, 2020
There is the personal verification process you can do to verify you on the forum.

That's this one. But not verified doesn't mean they are not sincere and verified account doesn't mean they are completely safe.

I think a set of entrance question is good, but it also rises the question of how hard you want it to be?

There have been naive girl here where I tried to answer questions and hopefully point her in the right direction, when I first join I am no better then them besides knowing consent is the most important thing. There is no away the past me can pass a hard set of questions. I still don't know the correct technique for chocking play and I was never into it until now. So if that is in the question I am certainly going to fail. It is not good to set the bar too high and turn away potential new people , not give them good advice. Kinky is fun but also dangerous. It's better for them to get good advice then turn them away and have them learn whatever they can find.

On the other hand, an experienced predator who is determined to exploit innocent others will be experienced enough and hide himself behind the set of hard questions. Now you give him an extra layer of false verification that he "passed the test so he must know his things". This is also very dangerous. Because this badge of "pass the test" it would be harder to discredit him when he brings up bad ideas and dangerous tasks. It's already hard at this point when arguing with others on forum regarding sub safety here.

And there is also what kinks are you going to cover and what you want to focus at? Are you going to identify who is the "real dom" by specific questions related to specific kinks? I mentioned before I am not into chocking so I know nothing about it. Same with femdom and anything male submissive related. If Those are the only questions I get, does it really reflect on how good a dom I am?

Last edited:

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
I personally think new Subs have way too much trouble managing to step up and get here in the first place. There's no need to make it even more difficult for newcomers to get to what they need...
As for reporting users, as people have kindly said above, there is already a way to do so...
Really???? I am not sureI agree. But, as a per who came up in punk communities where kink was highly accepted, I might be a bit biased. I have been sub oriented for as long as I can remember. I still think my points are valid. However, I digress.
I specifically disagree. I think people who have never done this and are looking to for the first time should (and are meant to) be just as welcome here as anyone else.

I do see the problem you're posing, but I think the only practical way of helping it, besides active moderation, is to spread awareness on things related to safety and advice
Aye….. I also see your point. Sorry for the typos. I also sincerely appreciate those willing to acknowledge that this is problematic. Even if you don’t agree with my proposed solutions. Maybe, a pinned list of safety precautions for Subs? What else could we do??

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
There is the personal verification process you can do to verify you on the forum.

That's this one. But not verified doesn't mean they are not sincere and verified account doesn't mean they are completely safe.

I think a set of entrance question is good, but it also rises the question of how hard you want it to be?

There have been naive girl here where I tried to answer questions and hopefully point her in the right direction, when I first join I am no better then them besides knowing consent is the most important thing. There is no away the past me can pass a hard set of questions. I still don't know the correct technique for chocking play and I was never into it until now. So if that is in the question I am certainly going to fail. It is not good to set the bar too high and turn away potential new people , not give them good advice. Kinky is fun but also dangerous. It's better for them to get good advice then turn them away and have them learn whatever they can find.

On the other hand, an experienced predator who is determined to exploit innocent others will be experienced enough and hide himself behind the set of hard questions. Now you give him an extra layer of false verification that he "passed the test so he must know his things". This is also very dangerous. Because this badge of "pass the test" it would be harder to discredit him when he brings up bad ideas and dangerous tasks. It's already hard at this point when arguing with others on forum regarding sub safety here.

And there is also what kinks are you going to cover and what you want to focus at? Are you going to identify who is the "real dom" by specific questions related to specific kinks? I mentioned before I am not into chocking so I know nothing about it. Same with femdom and anything male submissive related. If Those are the only questions I get, does it really reflect on how good a dom I have?
What you are saying is accurate. A predator will find their way into anything if experienced. And, the questions shouldn’t be too hard or kink shame in any manner. It’s ok to be new to the scene. Instead, I m suggesting maybe simple and obvious questions. That’s specifically for people who don’t know terminology like CNC etc. They could accidentally fail, but not be a bad person. Like I said somewhere else in this thread, maybe a pinned safety explanation for both Doms and Subs. And, a super obvious protocol also pinned or part of a consent agreement upon site entry?? These are just suggestions

garry0993

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 6, 2020
What you are saying is accurate. A predator will find their way into anything if experienced. And, the questions shouldn’t be too hard or kink shame in any manner. It’s ok to be new to the scene. Instead, I m suggesting maybe simple and obvious questions. That’s specifically for people who don’t know terminology like CNC etc. They could accidentally fail, but not be a bad person. Like I said somewhere else in this thread, maybe a pinned safety explanation for both Doms and Subs. And, a super obvious protocol also pinned or part of a consent agreement upon site entry?? These are just suggestions
But those are already here, you are just not looking for them. Here are some examples. There are more that aren't pinned but you can still find.

For the last one some of the external links are outdated but you can still find useful ones.

They are alreay here in forum and as pinned post. You cannot really force anyone to read them if they don't want to.

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
But those are already here, you are just not looking for them. Here are some examples. There are more that aren't pinned but you can still find.

For the last one some of the external links are outdated but you can still find useful ones.

They are alreay here in forum and as pinned post. You cannot really force anyone to read them if they don't want to.
So, maybe……. One shouldn’t have to “look” for them?????

Rleee

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 20, 2021
I do agree that making those more visible and readily available (that is, pinned to top page, and/or (preferrably and) getting an automatic private message with links to them upon registration) would be very useful to new Subs...

Reactions: LilBecca4095

garry0993

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 6, 2020
So, maybe……. One shouldn’t have to “look” for them?????
I am not sure what you mean by don't need to "look"

The four I showed in my last reply are literly the first thing you read when you get into a sub forum. For example the "Master/sub 101" is the first thing on top of all posts once you click on the bdsm section.

I agree maybe they should move it around and maybe make a new sub called "Resources rules for new comers" and such, but at the same time, where this is at right now is obvious enough. But I think for people who are willing to ignore it, they are going to be ignored no matter where you put them.

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
New Doms alike. Safety does not lay all on the Sub. Usually, a bit more the opposite in fantasy. But, reality wise, both are responsible

LilBecca4095

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 8, 2022
I am not sure what you mean by don't need to "look"

The four I showed in my last reply are literly the first thing you read when you get into a sub forum. For example the "Master/sub 101" is the first thing on top of all posts once you click on the bdsm section.

I agree maybe they should move it around and maybe make a new sub called "Resources rules for new comers" and such, but at the same time, where this is at right now is obvious enough. But I think for people who are willing to ignore it, they are going to be ignored no matter where you put them.
Again, as I stated in the intro to this thread, this site has come to my attention for personal and very specific reasons. I submit these concerns and ideas as a long twrm sub for all of your consideration. It is totally up to you how to feel or think about it. I simply want a safe community for those of us who practice various orientations. I would never attempt to police anyone’s sexuality. That is not my intention.

Featured Threads

New Personals