The Clitorium

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Welcome to the Clitorium, a place all about the clitoris, what it is, how to make it feel good, how to hurt it, and anything else, specifically and only about the clit.

While I don't have any specific order for discussing things I'd like to start out with a quick refresher on what the clitoris is, where it is and how it works as this is possibly one of the most misunderstood organs in the human body.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that all women know where to find their clitoris, but for the most part what you are thinking of is in fact only the tip of the iceberg, the glans clitoris. The glans is the little (or not so little) bulb at the top of the vulva often surrounded by varying amounts of skin that make up the labia minor and called the clitoral hood. So at this point lets do a quick analogy (mainly for the guys), think of the penis, it has a glans and a hood (foreskin, not always) and then it has a shaft. Ah, ok, so where is the clitoral shaft? It's called the corpora (or body) and it runs back inside in the body, splits into two "wings" called the crura and down further along the sides of the vagina to form the vestibular bulbs. All these structures are joined along the inner side by the root which carries the nerve bundles to the various parts.

The bulk, well over 90% of what makes up the clitoris is not visible, it's internal. This is why the entire vulva region is an erogenous zone and responds to stimulation, it's all under-lied by the clitoris. Now the distribution of nerve endings varies greatly with the bulk (around 8000) in the glans. This is not dependent on the size of your glans, a tiny glans still has the same number of nerve endings crammed in there as a large clitoris glans so a little clit does not mean you're missing out on anything!

Time for a diagram!

image.jpg

Like this you can see why the clitoris really is the female pleasure center. In fact biologically it seems to serve only one purpose, creating sexual pleasure. But why?
Good question, since all female mammals have a clitoris is it really only there for sexual pleasure, why did it evolve that way? You'll find an awful lot written about this subject but the fact is it's still a hotly debated topic. Best to just move on and accept it for what it is, really good fun to play with !

But before we move on to the fun stuff a few more facts that matter, especially when it comes to how and why various things work when used on the clitoris.
The skin of the glans is a special kind of intermediary type that sits between your regular skin that makes up most of what you see and what are called mucus membranes. Mucus membranes are moist areas that secrete fluid to keep the skin supple and allow it to be absorbent. This happens in your mouth and tongue as well as the inside of your lips. The inside of your lips transform as they go outside your body allowing the internal mucus membranes to keep your lips moist and soft.
So it is with the clitoris glans, the covering of the labia allows the glans to stay moist from the mucus membranes in the vagina. Thin moist skin like this allows the nerve endings to sit really close to the surface which is what makes them so sensitive to even the slightest touch.
This is why exposing your glans by pulling open the hood feels extra sensitive, it is used to being cossetted away behind it's protective lips which dulls the sensitivity to a degree. For this reason it is quite easily damaged, the glans skin can be broken more easily than most of the surrounding tissues, it also needs to be kept moist. Exposing it to the open air for long periods will dry it out and can result in a similar effect to dry lips. But don't worry just like cracked dry lips damage to your clit glans will heal on its own once it gets moist again.

So now I'm going to throw this open to discussion, any comments or thoughts, questions or ideas. I'm also looking for what topic to tackle next, here's a few of the ones I have in mind but in no particular order.
  • Using suction on the clitoris
  • Hitting your clit, impact games
  • Unusual sensations
  • The best types of stimulation
  • Over-stimulation and sensitivity
C'mon, time to Kink Talk about the clitoris!

Last edited:

Bbwsubslut

--Verified--
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jul 8, 2022
I like using suction on it, which obviously makes it very sensitive and I find it stays that way for a while. It’s even worse when someone asks you to then put toothpaste on it or a pin wheel!

For unusual sensations numbing cream is really odd, I hated every minute of it until it had worn off. There is something about rubbing your clit and knowing your doing it but not getting any sensations from it. For me it was about an hour until full feeling returned, that evening afterwards I was so so wet! So maybe there are some benefits to using it.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I like using suction on it, which obviously makes it very sensitive
This seems like a good place to start on the next topic, suction it is!
First a quick note, after spending the whole last post explaining the full extent of the clitoris and how it's only the glans that's the exposed section I'm going to return to simply saying clit to describe the glans clitoris.

Why does suction make your clit more sensitive? When you apply suction the skin expands to fill the space inside your suction device. Just like an expanding balloon the skin has to cover more surface area as it expands which means it gets stretched out thinner. Thinner skin means closer access to the nerve endings underneath which means, you guessed it, more sensitivity!
The interesting thing about applying suction to soft tissues like this is that as the volume of the clit increases more blood is able to fill the increased space. Much of the clitoris is comprised of erectile tissue, yes just like the penis it gets erect when stimulated and a function of erectile tissue is to allow blood in to make it expand, and keep it there. So when you increase the available space the blood just keeps on pumping in and fills up the extra space, the slow return valve keeps most of it there. This means even after you remove the suction the area will remain larger and more sensitive for quite some time. The longer you remain in an aroused state, the longer it will stay like that.

Sounds like fun huh?

Ok, so lets look at some ways to apply suction to your clit. The simplest is obviously to buy a suction device, there are a ton of these available from really cheap to quite expensive from Amazon and so on.
But maybe you want a DIY solution, what then?
You can use a length of tubing or even hosepipe, place it over your clit then suck on the other end and you can control how much you suck!
A quick tip here, if you have trouble getting the tube (or any suction device) to make a good seal apply some lube liberally to the area first. This will fill the small gaps enough to get the seal started and allow the tube to slide easily to where it needs to go.
So the tube idea isn't for you? No problem you can make your own sucker device using a cheap plastic syringe. These are easy to get and modify and work really well. Full instructions on how to make and use them can be found here.

And there are even more ways to apply suction to your clit. Last year I discovered a nifty device used for vacuum sealing food packs could be easily repurposed for kinky use. The small USB rechargeable unit is cheap and you can have endless fun with it. The suction from this is pretty strong making it ideal for use on the clit.

So what do you think of this idea? Is suction something you use or would like to try, are you worried about the effects or what might happen? Please share your idea, experiences, comments and suggestions below.

Last edited:

Bbwsubslut

--Verified--
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jul 8, 2022
How about a before and after shot! I love the feelings this makes me so much more sensitive and I think it looks good too, maybe I’m a little biased here!

Attachments

• A8D6E1E8-3CCE-410C-B325-755B5A2A9260.jpeg
    A8D6E1E8-3CCE-410C-B325-755B5A2A9260.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 27
  • D4414D1F-DE2C-4FC1-84FF-24807A5E0F67.jpeg
    D4414D1F-DE2C-4FC1-84FF-24807A5E0F67.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Today I want to discuss unusual sensations you can apply to your clit, I won't be discussing impact or chemical play or the use of clips and clamps as they all deserve sections for themselves.
What does that leave you may be wondering, well, quite a lot actually! In fact there's so much I'm going to break this into two parts.

The first is how you can play with your clit, without touching it.
As we saw in the first installment, the clitoris is a lot more than just the exterior glans and extends right around the sides of the vagina. This means there is a lot you can do to apply sensations to your clit without touching the glans. Touching and rubbing the areas immediately adjacent to the glans can supply an interestingly different type of stimulation, especially either side running down toward your vagina. If you refer back to the diagram it soon becomes obvious why, large sections of the internal structure are present just below the skin here.
A few years ago I described an orgasm denial game that uses this exact phenomena to create a high level of stimulation without being able to rub your clit glans.
Another technique many will probably be aware of is simply applying pressure to the area. Now technically this may include touching the glans although you don't need to or have to.
You may have found that when riding a bike the right position will transfer some nice vibrations, the wrong position soon becomes painful. Both sensations are due to the positions of the vestibular bulbs and corpora in relation to your bike seat. If you sit so they are well supported and simply being vibrated all is nice and pleasant, but trap them against your pubic bone and it gets pretty painful pretty quickly!
This is the principle of the wooden pony torture device, which is specifically made to crush the clitoris against the pubic bone to induce pain. There are a myriad of ways to achieve this, the linked thread explains many DIY methods for you to try.
It's also the principle behind "humping", and again while you may be rubbing over the glans area simply rubbing the lower internal branches of the clitoris still works rather nicely.
All of this is stuff you should experiment with, try to discern the different ways you can generate sensations that appeal to you by not directly touching your clit.

The second is a bunch of different ways to play with your clit glans and get a range of different sensations.
Due to the high density of nerve ending in the glans it is one of the most touch sensitive regions on the body. This makes it idea for all kinds of texture play, and you don't need to go hard, although you can if that's how you like it.
To get a proper effect you will need to be able to fully expose your clit from it's hood, you can then try touching different things directly onto it just to see how it feels. A good start is to use various types of coarse cloth, wrap it over your finger and press your clit with it. Try rubbing it gently and see if that's a sensation you like. Next you can try something like sandpaper, coarse emery boards work nicely but go very slowly and don't rub until you're sure of the effect. As mentioned the glans skin is very thin and easily scratched, it's not a major problem but will be sore and require care while it heals. Kitchen scourer pads like Scotchbrite are also interesting to use.
Next up would be brushes, and the best starter here is the humble toothbrush. Again just touching or tapping the bristles onto the glans will give you interesting results, next try some gentle rubbing. Once you get a feel for it you may want to try firmer rubbing or even migrate to an electric toothbrush and see how that feels. Be warned though, they can be addictive and many often find these become a new best friend!

But you wanted something painful? No problem, grab a bamboo skewer or even a toothpick will do. Now expose that clit glans and gently stab and poke it with the tip. You'll find even slight touches can make you jump and as you get used to it you may want to stab a little harder. The tips are sharp enough to hurt but too blunt to break the skin, unless you get really rough of course. You'll likely find other things around the house you can use for the same game, nails, screws and thumb tacks will work nicely but always check the tips to make sure they aren't too sharp.

The choice of items goes on and on, you can find things all around the house and garden you test. Rocks or stones with textured surfaces, twigs, kitchen implements, really it's only limited by your imagination.

You might be wondering why I stopped short with the sharp items and didn't proceed onto needles? Well that's because I never discuss that kind of play publicly, I don't consider it a DIY activity. The skills needed require close supervision and monitoring which is something I'm happy to provide directly but not share here.

So did you learn something here? Any comments or suggestions, experiences, questions or thoughts?

Lets keep this thread rolling with more clitoral chat.

Reactions: jo36A and Mekis

New Personals