WeekendSub

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 3, 2020
Dear all.
Hi, I am new to kink forums.
I found that roleplaying being submissive in a couple of relationships was easy in my 20s. However, after 14 years of a vanilla marriage and having met somebody 9 years younger than me now who is naturally dominant and also enthusiastic about bdsm, I feel that being a sub at 44 would be a bit fraudulent as getting into the role play of being submissive and all naive would make me look ridiculous so I am a bit tentative about letting myself get into the role.

Any suggestions or thoughts much appreciated.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Hello and welcome!

You pose a very interesting question here and I don't think there is any simple answer, however I do have some observations based on what you've told us.
First you mention that you role play being submissive which I take to mean that you do not feel any natural submissiveness even in the bedroom. This definitely creates a different dynamic and I can understand why you may feel unable to get into the right frame of mind with someone significantly younger. BDSM is first and always a mental thing, having the right chemistry is vital and it sounds like although this new partner is keen he is perhaps not as experienced as you?
The second point I am curious about is if your BDSM extends to bondage, impact games and anything painful that you enjoy? If you have some inherent masochism then it may be enough to simply enjoy that aspect without getting into a submissive role. I know several couples that simply enjoy the bondage part, also there are spankers who simply love the over the knee thing and that's their main kink.
Getting back to BDSM being a mental thing, this is core to how you seem to feeling. It's almost like you've decided you can't submit to this new guy despite his keenness and in that respect the mental battle may be lost. Which is where I was going with the second point, perhaps you need to reevaluate what it is you really enjoy about BDSM and focus on making those aspects work. Communication and honesty is going to be key to working this one out and it may well be that he will be happy with that too.

WeekendSub

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 3, 2020
Hi and thanks so much for the thoughtful and detailed reply. I am naturally submissive and the language of using 'role play' was misleading. I really enjoy bondage, spanking, horse crop and generally being overwhelmed by a dominant. I guess I had the false supposition that subs had to be all girly or naive about it as a lot of literature seems to portray subs like this (impressionable virgins etc.). My partner is a natural at being dominant and really enjoyed our first proper play but we both are quite new so am doing lots of reading.

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
Since you mention about this false supposition that subs have to be naive, do you feel it's just a mental block because the guy is 9 years younger, personally I feel age doesn't matter but the prevalent misconception makes you think it is silly to look for guidance from a younger less experienced person? If so, I feel trust will build with time and if there is a real connection then the mental block will auto resolve.

WeekendSub

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 3, 2020
Since you mention about this false supposition that subs have to be naive, do you feel it's just a mental block because the guy is 9 years younger, personally I feel age doesn't matter but the prevalent misconception makes you think it is silly to look for guidance from a younger less experienced person? If so, I feel trust will build with time and if there is a real connection then the mental block will auto resolve.
Thanks for your insight Nina. I do worry that taking a submissive role may be seen as a bit ridiculous to him (and myself) because of my age, my job role and the fact that I am a parent and worry that he is humouring me for now (despite evidence to the contrary). Saying that, he is the most mature, sorted and dominant male that I have encountered and that is what I find so attractive about him.

WeekendSub

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 3, 2020
I respect your views. Would just like to add that our roles in different facets of our lives need not correspond or be in congruence. It is possible to have different mindsets (dominant or subordinate) with different people in the same time frame.
That's so true Nina.
I really appreciate what you and others have said and the time you took to advise. Have taken it all in board.

MissKubo

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Apr 15, 2011
You've had some great advice from some of the most wonderful people on here, but for what it may be worth, I'd just like to share with you a couple of similarities I've noticed in reading your posts. You're only a few years older than I am, and I will certainly still want to be enjoying myself in that time frame and well beyond. I too am a mother and have a job in which I have to be fairly assertive and take responsibility for a number of team members.

My husband is two years younger than me. Which, I grant you, isn't quite the same age gap, but once one gets beyond their 20's, 9 years is not the big deal it may have been earlier in life.

And I too absolutely love being his submissive. I'm far too experienced to play the "innocent, just discovering her submissive side" heroine you read about in the novels, but actually I think it's just as erotic for sub and Dom to both be experienced and confident in what they're doing anyway, in fact more so because you know where you can and can't go, so the experience is less likely to come to an awkward, uncomfortable stop.

If that young and naïve roleplay turns you both on, well, have fun with it. We still occasionally slip into it from time to time.

The main thing is being able to trust each other. So as long as you enjoy what you are doing, and your Dom is properly caring and respectful, you make the most of it.

There is nothing fraudulent or ridiculous in being true to yourself, whatever your age and life circumstances xxx

Rlee

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 24, 2019
I feel like I could offer a perspective frrom the other side here :)
I'm in my early twenties, and (coincidentally) the sub that was the best match for me so far was actually 9 years older than me, and also a parent. In my case, when I'm looking for someone, as long as I'm attracted to them and we have that special "click", age is really not important...

Ther are also a couple of points I noticed from what you said. One, that you're naturally submissive. As a dom, I find that will and desire to submit to be one of the most important things... And it sounds from your description of how you like to do that, that you have that going already!

The other point is, I don't know if this is just how this came out and if I'm interpreting right, but it sounds a bit like you're not questioning your want to submit, as much as your partner's want for you to submit. If that's the case, you can keep in mind that dominant people who look for this are usually really not that mindful about age, specially someone who like you said is naturally dominant and enthusiastic. And if like you said, you have evidence he isn't humoring you and really wants this, I think it's safe for you to rest assured :)

SweetCuriosity

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Feb 6, 2021
Age is just a number, remember? The only question I feel you need to ask yourself is do you truly want this despite age, and if the answer is yes then go for it. It's never too late for anything in my opinion.

If you're really worried about the physical aspects as yes, I understand that over time things change, then aim to figure out what you're do's and don'ts are, and what you're comfortable with and see how you feel after that.

Also, if it's the safety aspects you are worried about perhaps do some research and evaluating of your do's and don'ts and take extra precautions. Do what is comfortable for you but also out of harm's way.

Hope this helps!

Sweet.

XMarkstheSpot45

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 17, 2021
I have trained 60+ year old women who wanted to be submissive and with great results. It is the desire that fuels the need to become more submissive. Through many proven methods the women I trained excelled beyond what any younger woman could of ever dreamed. Again its all about seducing her mind, her body will follow IF trained correctly. ( Yes, even online)

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
Dear all.
Hi, I am new to kink forums.
I found that roleplaying being submissive in a couple of relationships was easy in my 20s. However, after 14 years of a vanilla marriage and having met somebody 9 years younger than me now who is naturally dominant and also enthusiastic about bdsm, I feel that being a sub at 44 would be a bit fraudulent as getting into the role play of being submissive and all naive would make me look ridiculous so I am a bit tentative about letting myself get into the role.

Any suggestions or thoughts much appreciated.
While i am one of the people that knew it very early it is super common for people not getting into D/s before their 40s, no need to worry , clearly not alone there

saggy_udders_cow

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Jan 21, 2022
I was 43 yo when I met my Owner and He was and is my first owner. I hadn't 'played' or been in a D/s relation before this.

Yes, I was 'older', but the wait for Him was right. I don't think one can be 'too old' for being a sub, slave - or anything else. With or without role playing. It's a mindset and it's the connection and relation that means everything. Nothing else.

Zombieslave

Kink Talk Member
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Slave
Mar 21, 2022
Brevard County, Florida
From my own experience, and age (50's), I have realized some things. First of all, one is never to old to enjoy life and its many pleasures. If you find yourself attracted to this lifestyle, then go for it! And secondly, age really isn't just a number, however, as long as you don't let it define you, then anything is possible.

dearelliot

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Aug 25, 2016
I usually lie a little about my age but for this discussion no reason to. I was born in 1934 and still playing the role as a submissive albeit with pros as being married and with serious time constraints. .It's been 10 years since I had a freebee.
I realize I couldn't play the role of a young person, or for that matter a lady...forced feminization has always sounded nice but I could never manage to try.

Featured Threads

New Personals