What to do about fakes?

samdiatmh

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jun 11, 2013
This one sent me pictures too. One of them was Sasha Grey. I'd be shocked if there are people who join a site like this one without knowing that face. She's kinda famous.

Back to the topic at hand... Why not ban those accused of being fake if they won't prove themselves? Could even blacklist their email so there's one more added step before they can create a new account.

here is the newst

janeleeds, i emailed her she sent some pics, they are of a completely different girl then the one she has posted here, she could not do a simple task such as "wear the shortest skirt you own and only that, do a photo shoot for me" shes a fraud, grrrrrrr i hate the fakes here, they destory it for everyone

Last edited:

PerversusLunaticus

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 18, 2011
Hi all

For me the best way is verification (like picture with nickname and date - the best will be full frontal naked - face optional).
Do we have possibilities to do that?
Than we could split forum in two parts with and without verification or make something (avatar?) to show who is who

Thanks for attention and have a kinky day;)

Reactions: DeedeeDay

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Ive been across several profiles that were false in someway they always seem to slip up. lots of times just scrolling their past posts or searching up the kik, skype name, email, they use will link you to other personas theyve used or been banned from previously. i wold just call them out in their posts to help publicly warn others using links to prior posts as proof if needed and then report them to admin. seemed quite effective.

obviously if one is suspect of a person being false of their identity then i would recommend not playing or giving too much info till you vet them to be real whether by live pic cam etc. theres safe ways to prove out and not expose yourself. clothed pic with them holding up fingers or touching nose or writing an assigned word on their person is quite effective at preventing someone from using internet grabs to catfish you.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I have begun "naming and shaming" in earnest now by adding the title "Suspected fake" to any user profile that has been reported as potential catfish.
This is easily spotted and should serve as a warning to anyone thinking of contacting these profiles.

I decided this is a good tactic, even better than deleting them as it shows to anyone else contemplating attempting to fool others with a false identity that they will be found out and exposed.

Hopefully this combined with an increased number of members becoming verified will help to clean up the membership.

Think you've been wrongly tagged as a fake? Then message me direct to discuss options to fix it.

Last edited:

shadowice0823

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 9, 2012
I like the sound of that seems like a lot of fakes recently and in kink its about being honest

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I like the sound of that seems like a lot of fakes recently and in kink its about being honest
Absolutely!
And to anyone, feel free to list profiles you suspect here, use the Report function or message me direct. Often we may have received a complaint already so your corroboration may be all we need to tag them.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Over the past few weeks I have been spending quite a bit of time behind the scenes weeding out the accounts of various users that were abusing our system or simply being annoying to the vast majority.
This included those with multiple accounts created for various reasons including attempting to rig polls, trolls deliberately disrupting discussions as well as other nefarious intentions.
I also came across several more instances of obvious fake profiles and in line with current policy they have been tagged as "Suspected fake" or similar, anyone who feels aggrieved by this can contact me directly if they would like to prove otherwise!

However fakes continue to be a problem for many, so here are some tips from someone who has had to ferret out the truth quite a few times!

1. If you suspect something isn't right check the users posting history, its a fairly common fact that liars forget what they've said so often reading back you will find contradicting statements from them. A common one is "age hopping" their profile says 24, an old post says 25, then another newer one says 23. They may also forget where they live and other basic things like that.
  2. If they post photos but they all look odd, grainy, strangely cropped, never in the same setting and so on then there is a good chance these are saved and edited old pics possible of an ex. C'mon its 2019, everyone has excellent cameras in their phones that take superb photos in just about any circumstance, dodgy photos just don't cut it. If the pics aren't decent resolution and in focus they are most likely a fake using edited pics.
  3. Set tasks are completed too fast or too easily, if you know your stuff you will know roughly how long something should take, if they come back in 5 minutes saying something is done when it should take at least half an hour you know something is wrong. Another dead give away is if you set a task in real time and look at the current active member list and see they continue to browse the site they are not doing your task!
  4. Message and/or post spelling and grammar don't match the profile. Yes I know autocorrect and autofill have a lot to answer for but you kind of get the feel for when you are chatting with a 30+ or an under 21 year old. If it seems wrong trust your gut, if your hot 26 year old Domme talks more like a 45 year old male accountant its probably a good time to say "thanks but no thanks!"
  5. Convenient reasons why verifying is an insult, inconvenient or impossible. As previously mentioned no good excuse for not being able to produce a photo, nudity isn't required either simply a current pic. It doesn't even have to be a photo, a short voice recording can settle the M/F question in a few seconds. Trust is two way, if you're willing to do it why not them too?
  6. Don't let your desperation to find a sub or Domme cloud your judgment, males outnumber females here by almost 6 to 1 and the biggest problems with fakes are males impersonating females. And that number INCLUDES the fakes!
Above all if it smells fishy it probably is, catfishy...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I do not know English and I use Google translator. I will have mistakes. :)
You actually do quite well, you use capital letters and full stop's in the correct places. But yes when English isn't your first language it can complicate the situation somewhat.

kaylessa

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderqueer
  • Switch
Jan 7, 2019
There's another thing making it a bit more complicated. When I registered here, I was unsure about what to use for Gender. While I identify female I unfortunately have no traces of boobs and still something in between my legs. I usually don't like to talk about that. In fact, I believe I'm a closet transfemale. I will never ever select Male in the Gender selection. But that probably means I can never be verified.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I can see how this is confusing, what concerns most people with verification is someone pretending to be something else to deliberately deceive others. I can't see a problem with you verifying. It is simply a way for us to agree that what you've selected as gender is appropriate. That way when you post people know you are what you have set in the gender field can be trusted.

Reactions: AmvetSB

Urban

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 7, 2019
Not a problem at al with Verifying! Hope it becomes real! Would save reading a lot of threads :)

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
Verifying! Hope it becomes real!
There are many that will balk over this, but I'm confident that if there is a formal 'form' for it, one that is only as intrusive as the objective or degree of the verification requested, it could work okay.
Those that opt out or just choose not to request a verification, should not be shunned over it yet perhaps not be permitted to have 'unverified information' even visible...
Just my $0.02 worth....

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Not a problem at al with Verifying! Hope it becomes real! Would save reading a lot of threads :)
We already have a process for verifying, just look in the Show and Tell section for details on how that works.
You will see there are quite a few members with various flavours of a verified title, all these people have used our existing system.
This is of course a voluntary process, we really have no way to instigate a compulsory verification due to limitations in the software but even if we could the real questions is if we should. I would guess that forced verification would likely put off 99% or more of new members on the grounds that it is too onerous, too intrusive or simply too much trouble.

Reactions: Urban and AmvetSB

Featured Threads

New Personals