What's objectifying?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Following on from "What's humiliating?" and on a related note I wanted to cover what's objectifying.

This is also a fairly personal thing however the overarching concept is pretty straightforward;

verb
verb: objectify; 3rd person present: objectifies; past tense: objectified; past participle: objectified; gerund or present participle: objectifying
  1. 1.
    degrade to the status of a mere object.

This can be in the form of treating the whole person as an object or commonly focusing on specific aspects. The most obvious ones being for women, with terms like "nice rack" or "that's a great piece of ass" and so on. Now while in regular society this is not acceptable for many of us in the kink world it becomes an actual wanted, even craved thing.
But you still need to be careful with it's use, not all submissives enjoy or want to be objectified, it's something they must consent to before you use it. Even then you need to be sure of exactly what they enjoy about it, some will be fine with an "anything goes" approach while others may be ok with certain aspects being objectified but other areas are out of bounds.
Then you need to be aware that objectifying doesn't automatically mean insulting, it can be the person wants certain things discussed in isolation, as an object but at the same time likes to hear complementary things. This is still objectifying, discussing parts of someone's appearance in isolation from the person is a decoupling that reduces them to object status.

Ok, so enough of the technicalities, lets move on to some examples.
As mentioned at the outset objectification and humiliation are intertwined so there is quite a bit of crossover in some of the examples I'm going to use.

Whole body objectification. Some examples of this are things like head bagging, or using something else to cover your face. This effectively removes "you" from the rest of your body. Our own @Asianfucktoy posted an album using this exact theme a few days ago.
Of course you don't need to actually cover their face, simply ignoring them and discussing or focusing only on their "parts" is just as effective.

Partial body objectification. Here you've got things that range from simply being topless or bottomless to modified clothing such as shirts with cutouts for boobs, open nipple bras, ctrotchless underwear, even open crotch pants and so on. This type of displaying certain body parts puts them starkly in contrast to the rest of the body and focuses attention on just that. Hucow kink is firmly based in objectifying, specifically big breasts and making them the central theme of the activities.

Time for another list, as before you can look through and see which of these might be on your yes list and which are NFW. I apologize in advance that all of these will be ideas that work mostly or only for women but that's just my experience, guys can add their examples in the comments.
This time I'll also be adding links if I've made a post on the specific idea, mostly because I had several requests for them after the humiliation thread.

Feel free to comment, add suggestions or experiences below.

Last edited:
Reactions: justlearning2
D

Deleted member 64535

objectifying to me is being seen as a sex object, either to fuck or to tittilate whoever looks at me. it's about the removal of personal agency and being reduced to a toy worthy of inspection, to be played with or commented on as the Dominant people around me see fit.

speaking of which...here's my ass and pussy

Attachments

• PXL_20220714_232326521.jpg
    PXL_20220714_232326521.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 60

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
As a follow up to this I wanted to also discuss objectifying language.

Again before using any kind of objectifying language with someone you must be sure they are ok with it, that you have their permission. Here on Kink Talk that may be something they've asked for in a post as a general thing, or permission could be given to you specifically.

Where I think objectifying language differs from other kinds of humiliating or derogatory language is in it's specific nature. A good one to start with are the objectifying words for breasts. Many of these are so common they've really become pretty much accepted in mainstream society. Words like tits or boobs are not really seen as overly offensive however commenting on someone's boobs when you don't know them is still very much a no-no.

So now onto the best and worst of the objectifying words, I'm going to list a few but I'd like to hear what words you consider especially offensive or effective. Which ones you really like, and which you absolutely abhor.

Remember what we're discussing here are ways to describe someone, or their physical body parts as impersonal objects. As previously I'll start out here with a short list in no special order just to get you thinking, then it's over to you.
  • dick puppet - cock socket
  • cum dump - cum rag
  • meat bags - meat sacks
  • meat holes
  • floppers - jugs - hooters - udders

Dz004

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 2, 2022
I like the fornaphilia version of objectifying. Example, using a sub as a footstool or table or lamp etc.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

DaughterofAtlas

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Feb 15, 2021
To some extend I can except it, however, often objectifying seem to have a degrading aspect to it, that I find does not fit to me. I guess I need be proud as an object. It is difficult to define. I do not mind being viewed as a toy girl, however I expect a man to treat me the way he treats a expensive model railroad, or car..... if that makes any sense, but that is the best explanation I have.

Featured Threads

New Personals