Kink Talk

Go Back   Kink Talk > Community > Health and Safety

Old 08-18-2017, 09:36 AM
Kinky Newbie
Bisexual - Female - Switch

Selene is on a distinguished road
Default BDSM, submission and PTSD (or any other mental illness)

Hello

I am new to submission and there are a few things that worry me. One of them is that I suffer from PTSD and playing sessions give me intense flashbacks and panic attacks that are hard to control. It is getting in the way and even though I have safe words, I find myself using them too late or not at all.

So, I just wanted to ask the dominants if you ever had a sub with the same problem, or if one of your subs had a mental illness of any short and how you delt with that. On the other hand if you are a submissive who's dealing with PTSD or other psychological problems, I'd like to ask you for some advice and coping techniques during and after play.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Kinky Newbie

Also another thing I would like to ask is whether you would consider your potential sub's mental state a reason to not proceed to a D/s relationship with them. It's hard and I feel like most dominants would prefer someone who is "normal". What are your views on this?
Old 08-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Omnipotent Grand Vizier
Straight - Male - Dominant

droptokon will become famous soon enough

I think you pretty much know the answer here, PTSD is a serious condition and avoiding triggering events is key while you continue therapy.
Many if not most BDSM activities have the potential to put psychological stress on you and as such it would not be advisable to continue until your condition improves significantly.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Kink Talk Member
Straight - Male - Dominant

dariodragon7 is on a distinguished road

Yes one of my subs had PTSD and we lasted almost three years with that. What is important is that the Dom has to have the ability to understand to be supportive and to get your signals on where and when to stop and if i was able to do that online with only six years in the lifestyle an experienced Dom should be able to understand that in person too. A disease is not a valid reason to stop sessions. Try making them shorter and less intense in the beginning. Try keeping some clothes still on it might help you feeling more protected. Even just bra and panties are ok after all you can easily show your boobs and pussy to your Dom even that way. Avoid penetration for a while and focus on other playful things. Even a PTSD woman can enjoy a good bdsm with the right protection. My sub couldn't even get naked and in the end we even had intense complete sessions. Best luck to you and if you need more advices just say it
Likes: Costume play, Posing, Teasing, Pics and videos collection, Sex play, Orgasm control/denial, Dress control, Tits and nipples torture, Daily routine control, Feets torture, Ass and Pussy spanking, Body writings, Forced Nudity

Limits: Blood, Scat/Piss, Vomit, Family and friends, Illegal, Diapers

My Ad:http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/showthread.php?t=29292
Old 08-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Kinky Newbie

Thank you very much for the replies! I didn't think anyone would reply because it's rather a serious question... Nevertheless, if anyone else has something to add, I'd love to read about your experience
Old 08-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Kinky Newbie
Bisexual - Female - Submissive

Honeycombs is on a distinguished road

I'm a sub with ptsd!
The biggest thing, as always, is communication. That, and a lot of trial and error to find out what sets me off and what doesnt (even that can vary from day to day, depending on my mood).

Bdsm/kink has really helped me cope a lot, actually. I get to experience extreme/stressful/painful situations in a controlled and safe environment. It definitely makes me feel more powerful and less afraid.

please verbally degrade this fuckpig
-same username on getdare-
Old 08-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Kinky Newbie
Bisexual - Male - Switch

Scrap is on a distinguished road

PTSD is definitely not a "scene killer" for the right Top. The Master of a friend of mine actually used to take in "broken slaves" and help them recover and lead (relatively) "normal" lives after some really horrific shit. As mentioned previously (and harped on, trumpeted, and otherwise put on big flashing billboards throughout the forums), communication is absolutely a must.

Submission to the right Top can actually be a tool to help overcome PTSD, when done properly. BDSM teaches a subbie that is it okay to Trust, that they are safe in the hands of their Dominant. As tough as it can be for both the Dominant and the submissive to learn to identify and work though the queues and triggers, the reward is well worth the work.

I wish you the best in your search.

limits: scat, blood, young, social suicide, illegal, torture

kik: scrapdflasher
snapchat: scrapdflasher
yahoo: scrap13_flasher
tumblr: https://scrap13flasher.tumblr.com/
team viewer: 448 153 375 / C0ckSlut4u
anydesk: [email protected] / C0ckSlut4u

I already have a bad habit of risking life and livelihood for the thrill. I'll take nearly any dare I think I can get away with.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:33 AM
Kinky Newbie

Thank you all for the replies! They've sure made me feel better, I was worried bdsm would make it worse but it now kinda seems part of the healing process.