Advice for a dom on "radiating dominance"

Aldon

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 7, 2014
So as a dom I need help with radiating dominance. I broadly knew what the phrase meant, but for my type of mindset(mostly DD/LG or Dom/Sub) I think I don't give off much of a dominant tone, especially online. So any subs and or doms have advice on how to be/act more dominant in an online relationship? Any tips or advice is helpful. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Yes I have had slaves before and yes I know how to be dominant... I just need tips on how to have that dominant persona....

slavegirl4u

Banned
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Mar 11, 2016
New England USA
This is interesting if you have ask this question maybe you need some training on being a dom. I know I ask many questions before connecting with a dom and I don't want to be telling the dom what to do. But if you are not dominant with me I will walk all over you some of us slaves are subs but we have a very strong will so we need a short leash.

Aldon

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 7, 2014
Hmm ok how would I need training in being a dom? Would you recommend shadowing a dom session?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
My take

Well this comes up a lot, I get pm's most weeks from guys new to the D/s scene asking for similar advice.

First and foremost to me being dominant is something that just comes naturally, without even thinking about it I will lead groups, run discussions and generally assume a commanding role in almost any situation. I refuse to queue, rankle at anyone trying to tell me what I can or can't do and never give up. I am also extremely calm and patient, methodical and systematic.

So how does this knowledge help you? I guess it doesn't unless you recognise similar traits in yourself.

Confidence is critical, not to be confused with arrogance which seems to be the most common mistake made by newbie Doms. Simply barking commands at someone does not make you a dominant, your instructions, directions or commands need to be backed with knowledge and common sense.
Do you stand tall and look people in the eye when you speak, or do you slouch and look at the floor?

So how can you convey that online? There is only what you write really to project that confidence. So the more you write and the more eloquent and interesting that writing the more likely you are to impress others.
Abbreviated txt talk is a real no no, as are inane, stupid demands all "sluts" contact you. Be thoughtful, sane and sensible in what you write and you may just find subs start contacting you. Which is after all the way it should be.

Magical Trapdoor

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Trans
  • Submissive
Apr 2, 2016
the Dr gives gray advice.
It's very much a mentality, you don't want things - you get things.

As far as help with writing goes,
Examples:
Fetch me some water slut (Bad, no confidence)
Bring me water! (Bad, arrogant)
Slut, you will be collecing water for me today. (Eloquent, good)
Slut, when your Master is thirsty, there is something you should be doing yes? (Good, proud, derisive, eloquent)
Slut, where is my water? (Derisive, proud, blunt), follow up with reason for the assumption. E.g. I can finally wash the stink of you off me.

There a lot of styles, but if you're going for anything blunt, you'll need to grab at sarcasm, rhetoric, and little bits of humor to get through - you need to show there is a mind that's greater behind your words.

Aldon

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 7, 2014
Ah I get it.... I reminisced about my old relationships and I remembered that I wasn't technically "dominant" I was just giving orders. Thanks for the advice I will work on improving my dominant persona...

Featured Threads

New Personals