Cane Safety Tips

Blade

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 5, 2008
I guess you could say I am cane curious. Now I've been told you need to hit the upper thigh and avoid the kidney areas but is there anything else major I need to know? So far nothing has been permanent but is this a danger with this type of punishment?

Also what positions do people recommend?

Sorry, I'm a total newbie who has only had this done twice. I'm just looking for pointers that might help. I think this is a great punishment because of the pain factor but have always been a little afraid to have it done because of the dangers people always seem to bring up.

Reactions: chrisstim

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
A cane needs to be maintained- use of linseed oil occasionally helps significantly. A splintering cane on your arse is somewhat unpleasant, not to mention the risk to eyes.

You're right, the kidney area is particularly vulnerable, so keep all thrashes with a cane (crop, rattan, bullwhip etc) from the fleshy part of the buttock down to the mid thigh, at least for the start of your adventures. Many progress to the soles of the feet, but that really, really hurts and again, can inflict some serious damage if not done with care.

A good position for the novice is legs straight, standing, bent over at the waist.
Start gentle- don't go at it hammer and tongs at the outset. Take a stroke, see what it feels like. Wait a few seconds for the 'after smart'.

stephpoet

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
Also be sure you or the sub is fine with marks. I've learned the hard way caning usually leaves marks.

Beatrice

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Jul 25, 2008
Yes Stephpoet, I must agree, it would be unpleasant if there were any marks left.

slavemichi

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Oct 29, 2008
Florida
I've never been caned yet but I'm excited for it. On the contrary to you two, one of the things I'm looking forward to most are the marks. :p

jack

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Aug 7, 2008
I know you have to be careful when experimenting with caning but, when done safely, it is so exciting and rewarding, I must say though that I prefer spanking, it's not as harsh.

Reactions: spkmibtm

Featured Threads

New Personals