AzazelE

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Non-Binary
  • Switch
Jan 28, 2019
Florida
Hellos hellos.

Question. Do you only like to be called mistress? I enjoy talking with a lot of people and exploring their kinks. So far, I find that most people use the common master/mistress titles but I've heard a few interesting deviations. For example; Boss, Lady, Queen, Madame, Judge, and my absolute favorite, Captain (they responded to orders with "Aye, Captain". I'm counting it because it wasn't linked to any other kind of kink besides dominance, the pair just liked how it sounded).

What titles do you use? (If you don't mind sharing, of course)

AzazelE

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Non-Binary
  • Switch
Jan 28, 2019
Florida
Miss (coming a little from mistress ofcourse)

I see. Thank you for replying. Another question if you don't mind. I'm wondering if the abbreviation has anything to do with age. I'm not asking for exact years here, merely if your sub, or you, are on the young side. Forgive me if this is intrusive. I'm simply very curious about everything.

DeedeeDay

Verified Kinky
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 4, 2017
Engalnd
I'm a submissive male so I'm talking from that point of view when I have played with Dom females mostly they are in concerned with any tittle and personally I find the whole tittle concept to be off putting and a bit ridiculous. When I watch a scene of some guy getting dominated by a women and he is constantly yes mistress, no mistress it all seems a bit arse licking and creeping. I don't know why, maybe it is because I find the whole concept of tittles to be rediculous . In the UK we have the stupid honours system were the queen bestowes a stupid tittle on someone because they're a celebrity or got a friend in politics, it a joke. Whenever I hear someone on TV being addressed as sir, lord, dame or whatever I can't help but think what a knobhead they must. Perhaps it is because all the British aristocratics have tittles and the majority of people regard them as a joke. In fact the royal family seem to be more popular with people from other countries then with the British. But I go way of point here, sorry.

puppetmaster

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 14, 2013
I'll chime in on from the other side ("Master.")

I also never like being called "Master" by a sub/slave as it feels kind of silly to me. So many people use it with any Dom they just met or don't even know that it's lost it's meaning. I always liked "Sir" as it's simple and respectful, without being too loaded. I've also enjoyed being addressed as "Daddy" in the past as well (I suppose "Mommy" the flip-side of that?)

After some time (yrs) of not using it/hearing it, "Master" has become something my slave uses now very occasionally for impact, and I love hearing it.

"Captain" sounds fun too, maybe I'll play with that some time.

AzazelE

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Non-Binary
  • Switch
Jan 28, 2019
Florida
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

I like how you brought up that the title "Master/Mistress" may have lost some of its meaning because of repetitive use. While it is immeidately recognizable, I am always more amused by the pairs that have a word that resonates with them rather than the community as a whole. Hence why "Captain" is my favorite.

If you do decide to try that out, I'd love to hear how it goes (from both parties if possible).

Morianna

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
I'm not all too fond of using 'Mistress' since it catches a lot of attention when we're outside and he uses it out of sheer habit. Aside from that, it seems kind of... well, kind of like it's being used for the sake of being used at this point.

I prefer the use of 'ma'am,' or 'my lady' as an address. It certainly makes for interesting roleplay situations and makes it sound romantic to other people in case he accidentally makes use of it when we're with other people not in the know.

Reactions: nunnu

Caguioa747

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
I dont think that any women in this world want to be called a mistress. i think anyone would agree that the word mistress is on the negative side.

Reactions: Scarlett74

urbanlucky

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Jul 1, 2015
Age does not have to do much with the name used in my case. I prefer some terms over others.

(yeah this is the word I use for a female.) I'm not a female.

Bravosi

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Feb 1, 2019
Actually, no. My boyfriend and I prefer when he's the master and I'm his "b*tch". We're eastern so that's how it is basically, haha. Might have been a fun concept though, hehe.

Reactions: zkennedy137

Onyxx

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Jun 13, 2019
For me it would depend. I do like 'Mistress' initially,, definitely prefer it in the approach, but wouldn't require it for the duration of the relationship or game. 'Captain' would work for me since I actually played a captain in a sci fi short film. I'll have to remember that one.
It would depend on the relationship, really. if I formed a deep attachment to my sub, he could call me by my name, or even 'my love' would work if he found favor with me. All I require is total reverence.

kaylessa

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderqueer
  • Switch
Jan 7, 2019
I do like Mistress as well, but I strongly dislike it when anybody not in a relationship with me calls me Mistress. Doing this is reserved to people in any kind of relationship who deserve/earned/received the right to call me like that. I wouldn't call any submissive slave for the same reason except if we had agreed on playing with each other.

I also like to be called Ma'am or Miss, with the latter being non exclusive.

Edit: My submissive side is a whole different story.

Reactions: DeedeeDay

Thequeen

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jun 23, 2019
Ma'am, Mistress, Domina or Queen. Honestly, for me is just a sense of respect. I don't punish or get upset with my sub if he fails to call me that.

Reactions: zkennedy137

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
I know she likes "Ma'am," "Miss ____," "Miss," or "Mistress." There are a few other titles she'll accept depending on the context, but those are the main ones.

Sam George

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Feb 3, 2021
Hellos hellos.

Question. Do you only like to be called mistress? I enjoy talking with a lot of people and exploring their kinks. So far, I find that most people use the common master/mistress titles but I've heard a few interesting deviations. For example; Boss, Lady, Queen, Madame, Judge, and my absolute favorite, Captain (they responded to orders with "Aye, Captain". I'm counting it because it wasn't linked to any other kind of kink besides dominance, the pair just liked how it sounded).

What titles do you use? (If you don't mind sharing, of course)
It's Mam mostly but sometimes mommy

WolfShark

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Apr 9, 2021
I'm not all too fond of using 'Mistress' since it catches a lot of attention when we're outside and he uses it out of sheer habit. Aside from that, it seems kind of... well, kind of like it's being used for the sake of being used at this point.

I prefer the use of 'ma'am,' or 'my lady' as an address. It certainly makes for interesting roleplay situations and makes it sound romantic to other people in case he accidentally makes use of it when we're with other people not in the know.
I am fond of ma’am as well. It feels more natural and I prefer the way way it sounds coming out of their mouths. It feels like it instills polite and proper respect.

Featured Threads

New Personals