[Fetish Funday] Degradation and Dehumanization #7

Awesomeffect

Kink Talk Member
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Switch
Dec 10, 2013
Hello everyone sorry its been so long I got really sick for about half a month (even ended up in the emergency room one night :(), then after I got better I had to start cramming because it was like time for finals and I had been sick in bed for almost half a month (let alone having to skip classes during that time) and then finally I had to get packed up and moved back home for the summer because my apartment needed me out by today (luckily I went home the day before yesterday so that's why I can blog today). Anyway since it's been so long I've decided to write a blog both on the winning category of the last poll (degradation and dehumanization) but also on the runner up (sadism) so for those of you that wanted sadism no reason to feel bummed right?

Degradation and Dehumanization: first off lets look at these individually.

Degradation: put simply it means to degrade something or someone, and to degrade would be to take a person. place or thing and make it into a lesser quality than it was previously. Now then I know you are all like what does that have to do with some fetish? Well as a fetish degradation would be the act of finding arousal in being degraded, the most common and easiest method of this would be simply name calling, things like "you pathetic dog!" and "you're a piece of human trash" are good examples (all be it extreme ones just so you can easily see how name calling can be degrading but in reality even commonly used insults like "bitch" can fit in this fetish if the person being insulted feels degraded and of course likes it) Other forms of degradation are body writing, self insulting, bondage (that's right if you use it to stop someone from using say their arms then it can tie into this fetish by making them do things that then become degrading, such as eating without hands) and finally stripping of privileges/controlling privileges, which brings us perfectly to dehumanization.

Dehumanization: As a fetish it is basically just what it says it's a fetish where you become aroused by being stripped of your humanity. The common ways one can accomplish this are stripping someone of their privileges, human rights, and/or imposing rules on a person that they must follow. Let's break these down a bit further shall we? Stripping someone of their privileges, this would be when you make someone stop doing something that they are privileged to do (note that for me at least the difference between privilege and right would be that a right is something that you are allowed to do without needing anything but your human body so things like speaking, communication, seeing, walking, eating, etc. where as a privilege is something that you achieve through material objects, such as wearing clothes, cooking food, using the toilet, etc. Now obviously for safety reasons I wouldn't suggest implementing all these examples if you want to try out the fetish) so for instance if I'm taking on a new "pet" as part of a pet play thing then I may decide to impose the rule that they have to be naked and wearing fake cat ears and a cat tail butt plug/anal beads when ever we talk (as well as a collar of course) or I may say that when ever you eat alone it has to be out of a bowl sitting on the floor and you can't use your hands. So in other words I'd make this person have the same privileges as a cat (though using a litter box would all depend on how they feel towards scat and stuff like that). Next denying one's rights the easiest example would be to say tell them they can't speak or have to speak a certain way (for instance back to pet play this time for a dog I could say you can only bark, yip, howl, or growl no words, or what I'd be more likely to do is tell them that they have to bark when they talk so something like adding in woofs and arfs throughout each of their sentences). Finally imposing rules, this one doesn't necessarily dehumanize people but it certainly can, now I know what your thinking if you can just strip away the privileges why appoint rules instead? Well certain privileges such as say using the bathroom or showering, or even shaving are ones that may not want to completely remove but you definitely need or want to adjust. Reasons why would be say if you are doing age play and the little is supposed to be a baby then you may strip them from using the toilet when they are home, but may not want to tell them "no potty ever" or something because they may not want to commit social suicide (for instance I am in college and even though I am ok with some bathroom control, IE no home toilet, or no public toilet. I would never agree to being completely stripped of my toilet privileges at this point in my life) Another reason here lets say that you have a pet pig and since they are a pig you want them looking and stinking the part right? so you tell them no showering, but then you also have the issue that they want to keep their pet play life private (understandable) so you change that to only showering once a week or something. Anyway I think you all get the fetishes right?

Do I have this fetish: Yes, yes, yes, both on the submissive end and the dominant end I enjoy this fetish, it is probably one of my favorite ones, that said I only enjoy being on the receiving end when it comes to people that I'm close to so don't get the wrong idea and flood my inbox with rude and insulting messages got it? ;) Anyway I first realized I had this fetish when one of my girlfriends a couple years ago started calling me names in bed later she told me she had a turn on for bullying a little in bed, but that's another story.

Short stories: Now then short stories for this fetish are a bit hard to describe being as to the fact that a lot of it has to do with emotions and how you respond to different things (for a more thorough look into the emotional part of this fetish read my last blog in the fetish funday series humiliation because this fetish is actually a sub group of that one I didn't see the reason to write two paragraphs explaining the same thing literally two blogs in a row).

Story 1: I believe that I have mentioned in the past that my current girlfriend and I love to roleplay right? Well normally I'm the domme but when she dommes it really is a lot of fun lately she has been really into bullying me and though I won't go to far into specifics basically she teases me calls me a few names, then makes me edge before, finally strapping one on and really having some rough sex. Now I'm not that into rough sex but when it's passionate I really love it!!

Story 2: I promise that this one is more of a story and less of an explanation. So one time during a different roleplay with my current girl friend she was having me be her kitten she forced me to wear cat ears, a fake cat tail vibrating anal beads that were on whenever we were home (which was also when I had to be here cat, though I was allowed to take a break in bed and in the shower, as well as in public) she made me wear a collar with my name on it and a number to call if I was lost, and besides that I was naked. If I was happy I had to wiggle my ass back and forth to swish my tail besides that I could only communicate by mewing. We did this for about a week and I had to spend most my time crawling on all fours (though I was given regular thirty minute breaks) and on the final day she set up a litter box for me, the sheer humiliation and pathetic feeling that I got from using it as she watched me was amazing and I loved it.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10
Individual Ratings:
Personal Rating: 9 out of 10
BDSM Rating: 6 out of 10, the fetish has a lot to do with humiliation and controlling others but it doesn't have much to do with pain, and it is more of an extreme fetish than normal so it isn't as high as you might think
Domination: 7 out of 10, if you like humiliating others than this basically gets you set perfectly, that said just like with bdsm it's rating isn't super high because of the lack of variety.
Submission: 9.5 out of 10, This fetish is all about letting someone else walk all over you in an emotional sense giving them the right to treat you however they want and even control your basic daily activities it's hard to get more submissive than that.
Kinkiness: 8 out of 10, it's kinky, not much more to say besides the fact that it's not for everyone.
weirdness: 6 out of 10, it ranks fairly high not because of how uncommon it is but because of the different activities that can happen do to the nature of the fetish.

Future Funday:
Because I'm also doing a sadism blog the winner of this poll won't be in the next blog but the one after that.

1. Pet play
2. stink, or bad smell fetish
3. Pain
remember you can vote for more than one fetish but you can't vote for the same one twice, to vote either leave your choice in a comment below or pm me

Finally as always if you have any questions or feel that I'm wrong in anyway pm me and I'll try to answer your questions or decide if I need to edit my blog to correct the mistake. Also if any of you readers would like to try one of the fetishes that I've blogged about but you don't know how to or you are scared that you might get hurt just send me a pm and I'll help you get started who knows if I'm in a good mood and you ask nicely I might even agree to some personal sessions to help you figure it out (basically personal kinky time with your's truly)

port86

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Feb 4, 2011
Glad your feeling better. Great job on the post...it leads me to my vote: Pet play.

Featured Threads

New Personals