Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters

willyable

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Aug 1, 2008
Which one is more interesting to you handcuffs or ropes? I think that handcuffs are much more risker because they bring a bit of fear. Not knowing if your partner is going to let you go can intensify your sexual experience and your four play can become more natural.

tie_me_up_now

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Slave
Jan 10, 2008
both can be used to stimulate this kind of fear.
If you are wanting them for foreplay i suggest either double lock handcuffs or actually use some rope.
All rope handcuffs if tied right will not tighten.

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I'm a big fan of rope because it is cheap, strong, and you can create all sorts of creative bondage situations with it. If you do go with handcuffs go with the fuzzy kind or you might rub your wrists raw.

ramsies11

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Jun 5, 2008
i personally like ropes so you can be in may differnt positions

Simplyme

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
May 13, 2008
For some reason for me ropes I find bring something a bit "scarier" into the mix. Maybe it is has been long driven into my mind with all the scary movies I do not know but there is just something for me about ropes.

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
I like the look of both... but ropes are a lot more practical to use and more comfortable (and don't come with fluffy cuffs... they destroy all feeling for me)

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
I took it upon myself to add a little poll to this question (hope OP won't mind :) )

I do have a slight preference for ropes due to their versatility & soft "touch" but I wouldn't cringe at the sight of a pair of handcuffs for sure... :rolleyes: :D

Momof2

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jun 24, 2008
Handcuffs, the ropes usually leave burn marks if they are pulled too tight.

yvonnewilcox

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
www.2hot4airwaves.com
It depends on today's fantasy

If we are playing Law and Order and I am arresting him for male prostitution then of course handcuffs. If we are playing serial killer on the loose then ropes would be more appropriate.

deeperblue

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Since I'm doing japanese rope bondage, it is of course rope, but only hemp rope. And rope is so much more versatile.
Handcuffs are nice as long as you don't buy the cheap fluffy ones with security lock. :D

Crunch

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jul 22, 2008
I like rope as well. For the same reason someone else mentioned you can create more situations with it.

slavemichi

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Oct 29, 2008
Florida
Both.

I like handcuffs, but I want to get more into rope. In many ways handcuffs bore me, but I have a thing for metal.

Ropes, however, can make cuffs. You can make cuffs, harnesses(which I'm very fond of), leash, etc. So I'd say ropes are more handy. ;3 Unfortunately I haven't been able to do all that seeing as I'm in an online M/s relationship. Soon, though, soon.

Havoc

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Nov 9, 2008
I like both, but prefer rope. Rope is a lot more useful, and if done right, can keep someone more secure than cuffs again. I love handcuffs too though.

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
I prefer the versatility of rope. I'm not a big fan of the ornate and aesthetic of the shibari rope work, as I like girls to be feisty and resistant as I wrestle them to the ground and bind them, but there are so many more ways to tie someone than to cuff them.

That said, I do like to use steel handcuffs, although I'm more likely to use leather restraints than steel ones.

Mike

HornyAndLooking

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 10, 2008
I prefer rope too. Much more versatile. Soft cuffs are ok. I really do not like the feel of hard, metal cuffs. Takes the mood away.

littlesexslave

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Slave
Jan 24, 2009
Only ever used handcuffs, but they do the job pretty well ;)
I love my fluffy pink ones, there quite comfy too ^_^

tiedguy51

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 30, 2009
I like both. Rope is great with a partner but when doing solo bondage i prefer cuffs because they are easier to apply. I haven't found an easy to apply yet hard to get out of rope tie for a solo session.

Featured Threads

New Personals