PoshTotty

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Oct 14, 2022
my.adultwork.com
Masochist or Pain Slut..
What makes the difference in your opinion?
Can you be both or is it either/or?
I think you can be both because the definition of pain is quite subjective due to different people's pain tolerance. One person's definition of masochist may be another's definition of pain slut and vice versa. I'm not sure it's an exact science but I'm happy to be corrected! x

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
It’s loosely defined at best and certainly subjective as mentioned already. Masochist enjoys physical emotional pain for sexual gratification etc.

Painslut suggests that the person enjoys more pain and more extreme pain than a typical masochist.

Again the lines are blurry being that a flogger may be extreme to you where as another may want to do pierced hook suspension type stuff. Way different ends of the spectrum.

Either way understanding that most times pain play stumbles into the RACK category vs the SSC approach. So be sure you have a top with solid experience who can call things off even when you might be too far gone to call it off yourself. I’ve met many a sub who had a “Dom” who “had lots of experience” get injured and the guy had no idea how to provide aftercare or even what the risks were going into it all.

As far as the titles themselves. I don’t tend to focus too much on labels. Take doms and daddy doms for example. What specific attributes apply to one that the other could not also provide. I see lots of new subs seeking them out thinking that self proclaimed daddy title means they’re safer than a Dom only. Or they think that a dom who’s not listed a daddy can’t provide guidance mentoring caregiver activities etc.

TL ; DR
Focus less on titles and more on what it is you enjoy. Labeling gets difficult at times and isn’t necessarily even needed.

OrchidEclipse

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Feb 8, 2024
Love this answer, some amazing points made.

I don't personally tend to focus much on titles, I love how versatile the lifestyle is.
I enjoy seeing/ hearing how others view different aspects.

Reactions: subzzzero

Featured Threads

New Personals