New Dom starting out...

Saxon

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 18, 2008
Hi there
Me and my girlfreind count ourselves as switches, but in our own way. We use our kit tie each other up and....well you can guess the various activities, but recently we started progressing more into a more rigid and formalized slave master relationship with the etiquette attached. This change has seen me more and more as the dominant and while i have some basic ideas on how to carry myself and hints or tips will be of great help and much appreciated.
Thanks!
Saxon

AlienMindsInc

Kink Talk Member
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
Florida
I would suggest reading some good books.

For specifically what you're looking for, Miss Abernathy's Concise Slave Training Manual will be good.

For more general bdsm stuff: Screw the Roses, Send me the Thorns

Generally, though, you should do as you are comfortable doing. Don't overextend yourself, and make certain you know everything there is to know about the activity you're going to perform, as well as safety. For slave training, you probably want to keep things fresh and new, so different activities will help. Punishments should fit the crime, and you should not spare them when something is not done perfectly well. You do not always need to have a physical punishment, sometimes making them redo whatever and telling them it was bad the first time will suffice. Don't hesitate to repeat something if it isn't done right, always be patient, especially with "new" subs, and give them a "breaking in" period that allows them to get used to your new rules.

Speaking of which, rules should be written down, discussed, and negotiated before you even start playing. If your sub can't follow a rule for whatever reason, then trying to enforce it will only lead to problems. You might want to take a look at prewritten slave contracts online for ideas. I would shy away from contracts because they're cheesy, but a list of written rules is good. Any time you add or change a rule make sure it is updated and discussed.

That's all I've got for now, if you ask more specific questions I'm sure someone can answer them.

-M

Featured Threads

New Personals