Scar

Katina

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Sep 2, 2023
Sorry if it doesn’t belong here and forgive my English.

I have some scars on my breast from self harm. The newest one about two months old. They are not nice but healed.

I had my boobs tied up which I have no previous experience with and in about 20 mins I noticed the scars all turned darker and the newest one turned completely black and looked swollen. It scared me a bit. It has been two days now and it is still very dark with a bruise around it. I guess I just panicked and there’s nothing to worry about but my mind already imagines the scar bursting with blood squirting out or something 😂 Do you think it is ok to continue this practice and keep it on for longer periods? I suppose it is just a kind of bruising…? It is getting a bit lighter now, my panic is gone and I’m tempted to do it again without pulling it off in panic.

Thank you.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Hello there and welcome.

This is an interesting question and yes, it's posted in exactly the right place.
It's hard to gauge just how constricting your binding was, tied up can mean a wide range of things. In general if it was very tight then around 20-30 minutes would be the maximum you should keep them bound for, especially since this is new for you.
The thing with scar tissue is that there is a lot of active regeneration going on with a high level of blood flow to the area to support this. That's why new scars look red for quite some time. Restricting this means the area isn't getting the flow it needs and as there is a lot of blood required it gets fully depleted (turns dark) quickly.
This is not a good idea, anytime an area gets very dark to black you are entering the region where tissue necrosis can occur. This means the skin cells die, it's the same effect you see following frostbite.

If possible could you include a photo of the affected scar, either here or pm directly to me for closer inspection? I'd also like @noughty nurse who is in fact a real senior nurse to take a look.

Regardless I'd recommend no more binding until the scars lose the redness entirely as this could lead to complications such as infection that could get really messy and hard to manage.

Last edited:

Katina

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Sep 2, 2023
Hello there and welcome.

This is an interesting question and yes, it's posted in exactly the right place.
It's hard to gauge just how constricting your binding was, tied up can mean a wide range of things. In general if it was very tight then around 20-30 minutes would be the maximum you should keep them bound for, especially since this is new for you.
The thing with scar tissue is that there is a lot of active regeneration going on with a high level of blood flow to the area to support this. That's why new scars look red for quite some time. Restricting this means the area isn't getting the flow it needs and as there is a lot of blood required it gets fully depleted (turns dark) quickly.
This is not a good idea, anytime an area gets very dark to black you are entering the region where tissue necrosis can occur. This means the skin cells die, it's the same effect you see after following frostbite.

If possible could you include a photo of the affected scar, either here or pm directly to me for closer inspection? I'd also like @noughty nurse who is in fact a real senior nurse to take a look.

Regardless I'd recommend no more binding until the scars lose the redness entirely as this could lead to complications such as infection that could get really messy and hard to manage.
Thank you for your answer. I appreciated that. Picture from the first day and today.

FA0C70FB-71D0-4255-BA38-F93CBADD1D2E.jpeg96968795-AA06-427D-B30A-7E15D408B24F.jpeg

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Ok, so my thought is that you just got away with it. It seems like the area did see some trauma during the binding but its mostly being reabsorbed and should eventually return to normal.

Until the scars fade back to normal skin tone like this:

1693700900928.png

I'd recommend no more binding until the color is gone, sorry.

Seriously you do not want the kind of messy wound that could result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted account

Katina

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Sep 2, 2023
Ok, so my thought is that you just got away with it. It seems like the area did see some trauma during the binding but its mostly being reabsorbed and should eventually return to normal.

Until the scars fade back to normal skin tone like this:

View attachment 109462

I'd recommend no more binding until the color is gone, sorry.

Seriously you do not want the kind of messy wound that could result.
Thank you very much for your advice. I was hesitant to post but in the end created an account just to do that and I’m glad I did. I would most likely come to a conclusion that I am being over dramatic.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Katina

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Sep 2, 2023
Hi. Well as @Dr Optokon mentioned my name here i should thank him and say that dr explained it with good and complete details. Not much to say. I recommend you the same that dr said. Better to wait for a while and it may takes about one month long to heal so be patient. Using icepack can reduce blood flowing and help to get heal sooner. And it's better to read more about safety in BDSM. You can find many of these posts here.
Safety first.😁
Thank you!

Reactions: Deleted account

Featured Threads

New Personals