Spanking brings couples together!

EyesWideOpen

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 2, 2009
An article in New Scientist last month found that consensual spanking brought couples closer together!

SPANKING is stressful at first, but it could bring consenting couples closer together. That's the implication of two studies of hormonal changes associated with sadomasochistic (S&M) activities including spanking, bondage and flogging.
(link to full article)

Found this on Google news the other day and found it interesting but not surprising. :)

Coyote

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Feb 28, 2009
Wow. i guess it's time to bring myself and my girlfriend closer :)

Moneque

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Female
  • Submissive
Apr 22, 2009
I think this is so true. I beg my partner for spankings but most times its just a little pat and go about your CRAZY business. Obviously not into what I am. I think this would take us to new heights and bring us closer, as if giving me something no one else has. We have a lot of first together but I think this will show us new adventures and a deeper bond.

EyesWideOpen

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 2, 2009
Maybe you just need to talk more with your partner more about your turn-on to spanking. I know I've always had luck with an honest and open conversation. Of course, if she is not interested at all there is little you can do. She may, on the other hand, see what you perceive as a need and accommodate because she loves you.

Lokelake

Banned
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 1, 2009
Wow, I didn't' know that. I think I know what we will do....

...I just need one first. :(

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Ok I can't see all of that article cos you have to subscribe but I think it's a bit misleading in how it represents the findings.

Cortisol is a stress hormone which is released by the body to return the body to homeostasis (a stable state) so of course after 40 mins the people being tested returned to a normal state :p

Once the cortisol gets your body back to "normal" you get a euphoric feeling because the stress has gone away. Cortisol also stimulates the release of sugar which would give you a natural high after as well :)

Secondly 13 people does not a scientific study make. Sorry to get my ranty scientific brain out but I just feel it's a little misleading. Yes I agree that spanking can bring a couple closer but I personally think it has more to do the physical act and the feelings/emotion involved, maybe I am old fashioned!

(just seen how old this thread is but never mind!)

theone

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Aug 11, 2009
Secondly 13 people does not a scientific study make. Sorry to get my ranty scientific brain out but I just feel it's a little misleading. Yes I agree that spanking can bring a couple closer but I personally think it has more to do the physical act and the feelings/emotion involved, maybe I am old fashioned!

(just seen how old this thread is but never mind!)

I agree, 13 people doesn’t constitute a valid statistical sample.

Featured Threads

New Personals