Building a better labia spreader

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
With my nipple clamps undergoing field trials (I posted out 3 sets to curious volunteers) I've shifted my attention to building a better version of this type of labia clamp/spreader.

373_1000.jpgetsy pic.jpg

This was kicked off by a request from someone who has this type of stainless steel spreader they bought on Etsy. It works great, really solid build and grips super well, the only problem are those screw threads sticking out each side. The issue is obvious enough, those threads dig into your legs if you stand up, walking with this on is pretty much impossible. The request I had wanted to specifically address this, make this style of clamp but so it can be worn under clothes while walking around.

This is the kind of challenge I really enjoy and so I've set to work on designing a 3D printed version with the required modifications. But looking at this I wondered if there could be other improvements made too, some kind of speculum type blades that go inside as well, or something to expose the clit, or who knows what else?
Right now I'm simply getting the main components made up and working on a thread free clamping method. I'll keep updating here with progress but if you're interested in this concept and have a suggestion leave it here and I'll see if it can be incorporated.
My plan is to build and test prototypes in PLA+ plastic and if that works during testing I can possibly have a few printed or fabricated in metal.

Leave comments or suggestion here or via dm if you're a bit shy of attention.

pmme_yourfork

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 30, 2021
Hmm, I would go for ether a rubber band type clamping mechanism or the ability to tie the half's together with string to get the desired pressure.
Am looking forward to designs ^^

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
a rubber band type clamping mechanism
Thanks for the feedback! Actually that was one of the first things I considered, however I soon discovered some problems with that idea. I'll walk through some of my design considerations below as I show off the first batch of prototypes.

Yes, the first batch is hot off printer having managed to squeeze some time in between my work runs.

IMG_2149.jpg

And these are what I've got so far. I'm not happy with the design as it's rather bulky and still wider than I wanted but I like the cam locks, they work quickly and hold securely. On the right is version 1 which suffered from adhesion issues resulting in distorted and failed parts.
I changed a few things around and split some parts up, then added an adhesion layer (you can see this in the middle) so now the parts print perfectly.

IMG_2151.jpg

Here's a closer look at my current version, you can see it has two sliding clamp bars either side of the central former. The 4 cam levers rotate to quickly clamp down and lock the bars down tight.

IMG_2153.jpg

When looking closely at the Etsy model you can see that both side bars clamp independently, and I can see why. Clamping a big section of the outer labia in this device is not simple. You have to feed it in and pull it through the gap and hold it in place while tightening down the screw nuts. Tricky. So you need to be able to lock each side as soon as you get things in place. This ruled out using rubber bands as you would need two per end, one isn't going to work, and space gets tight if you use two.
I wanted something quick and easy that was already in place, just like flicking a switch.

Here you can see the space when open vs partially closed.

IMG_2154.jpg
And this is fully open vs fully closed. Unlike the metal version this one has spring and give in the clamps bars which seems usable.
But on to the elephant in the room. It's still very wide and not really going to work as a wearable item.

compare.jpg

If you compare them side by side you see that, yes its narrower and doesn't have those threaded rods sticking out the sides but its a hefty looking thing and pretty bulky. I wanted something slim and elegant.
So the design work goes on, I have another concept to replace the cams with a slim arm lock but am still nutting out the mechanism for that.
Meantime I started playing with some mods to the main form body adding some short speculum type blades to hold the vagina open as well as spreading the labia.

IMG_2150.jpg

I'm not going to proceed to far with this idea until I finalise the locking design as I may need to modify the mounting although I have already modularised this so it shouldn't be a problem.

Let me know what you think and add your comments and suggestions below.

Reactions: bugmenot1970

pmme_yourfork

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 30, 2021
Thanks for the feedback! Actually that was one of the first things I considered, however I soon discovered some problems with that idea. I'll walk through some of my design considerations below as I show off the first batch of prototypes.

Yes, the first batch is hot off printer having managed to squeeze some time in between my work runs.

View attachment 99446

And these are what I've got so far. I'm not happy with the design as it's rather bulky and still wider than I wanted but I like the cam locks, they work quickly and hold securely. On the right is version 1 which suffered from adhesion issues resulting in distorted and failed parts.
I changed a few things around and split some parts up, then added an adhesion layer (you can see this in the middle) so now the parts print perfectly.

View attachment 99448

Here's a closer look at my current version, you can see it has two sliding clamp bars either side of the central former. The 4 cam levers rotate to quickly clamp down and lock the bars down tight.

View attachment 99449

When looking closely at the Etsy model you can see that both side bars clamp independently, and I can see why. Clamping a big section of the outer labia in this device is not simple. You have to feed it in and pull it through the gap and hold it in place while tightening down the screw nuts. Tricky. So you need to be able to lock each side as soon as you get things in place. This ruled out using rubber bands as you would need two per end, one isn't going to work, and space gets tight if you use two.
I wanted something quick and easy that was already in place, just like flicking a switch.

Here you can see the space when open vs partially closed.

View attachment 99450
And this is fully open vs fully closed. Unlike the metal version this one has spring and give in the clamps bars which seems usable.
But on to the elephant in the room. It's still very wide and not really going to work as a wearable item.

View attachment 99451

If you compare them side by side you see that, yes its narrower and doesn't have those threaded rods sticking out the sides but its a hefty looking thing and pretty bulky. I wanted something slim and elegant.
So the design work goes on, I have another concept to replace the cams with a slim arm lock but am still nutting out the mechanism for that.
Meantime I started playing with some mods to the main form body adding some short speculum type blades to hold the vagina open as well as spreading the labia.

View attachment 99447

I'm not going to proceed to far with this idea until I finalise the locking design as I may need to modify the mounting although I have already modularised this so it shouldn't be a problem.

Let me know what you think and add your comments and suggestions below.
The Clamping mechanism is useable for play (less chance to impale subs tigths on metal spikes when closing legs abruptly) but quite useless for wear.

So lets try to make it wearable while compromising only a lil bit on ease of clamping down.
Basic principle of Enginieering: Keep it short simple.

1657465994141.png

Lets ignore my utterly garbage drawing Skills, i coppied the sliding mechanism you had.
the Black lines are supposed to represent rubber bands, there can be multiple windings.
I would probably already put rubberbands at the top, alowing it to open kinda like a pair of Scissors, then get the meat in betwene before clamping down at the bottom aswell.

The second side of the spreader would then be added, the rubber band windings here would additionaly pull the first side tigher.

Have fun Designing ^^

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Ok. I like this idea. I've tested 3 different methods over the past couple of days and none work the way I want, I was in the process of simplifying the whole thing anyway so I can certainly give this a try out.
Will post updates when I have them.

Edit: This is the rubber band clamping version I'll be printing sometime today, hopefully!

CC Version 4.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Another day, another batch of rapid prototypes.
Exhibit A, this was an attempt to really slim the whole thing down and remove all adjustment to make it into a simple clip closed clamp.

IMG_2156.jpg

Except it unclips far too easily, not giving this one away yet, I've got a better way to fasten it down.

Now here's the versions inspired by @pmme_yourfork and his most adequate diagram!

IMG_2158.jpg

On the left is closest to his vision, I added the little notches on the ends of those bars to work as holders for the rubber bands. Speaking of which I had nothing on hand the right size other than these o-rings which are too strong and not tight enough.

IMG_2159.jpg

But you get the idea. And now onto something I've been spurred onto by a helpful comment, making it more, evil.

IMG_2162.jpg

Yeah. Actual teeth in there, plus I added a ridge on the inside form so this one will get a really good grip. I removed the useless notches on the ends of the guide bars and generally tidied it up a bit. I'm considering this a serious contender.

Reactions: SubPanda

pmme_yourfork

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 30, 2021
Another day, another batch of rapid prototypes.
Exhibit A, this was an attempt to really slim the whole thing down and remove all adjustment to make it into a simple clip closed clamp.

View attachment 99458

Except it unclips far too easily, not giving this one away yet, I've got a better way to fasten it down.

Now here's the versions inspired by @pmme_yourfork and his most adequate diagram!

View attachment 99459

On the left is closest to his vision, I added the little notches on the ends of those bars to work as holders for the rubber bands. Speaking of which I had nothing on hand the right size other than these o-rings which are too strong and not tight enough.

View attachment 99460

But you get the idea. And now onto something I've been spurred onto by a helpful comment, making it more, evil.

View attachment 99461

Yeah. Actual teeth in there, plus I added a ridge on the inside form so this one will get a really good grip. I removed the useless notches on the ends of the guide bars and generally tidied it up a bit. I'm considering this a serious contender.
Hmmm what an evil design, I must congratulate you.
Great job on improving my lil rough sketch of an clamping mechanism.

I would recomend you use regular rubber bands and do multiple windings around it, that should be easyer and better adjustable.

Also the small ridges, I would try to have them on both sides in alternating fashion so they properly grip.

But the current final product calls for a live test.

Cheers

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Indeed, playing with rubber bands will give varying tension so lots of experimenting needed there.

I'm hoping to catch up with a local sub and see what she thinks, not sure exactly when that might happen but have at least one other interested in me sending her one to try out.

Reactions: pmme_yourfork

sirzach1791

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 1, 2021
I’ve found that looping rubber and or hair clips around the sub’s thighs and then placing clothes pins over top and onto the labia works pretty well with most girls!

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Not really what I was discussing, we all know that method but this project is to make a wearable version of the stainless steel device shown at the start of the thread.

I'm still working on a clip/snap type clamping mechanism and have sent out a couple of prototypes on the rubber band model for testing. Meantime I mentioned previously about not abandoning the cam method, well this is the testing device I came up with.

IMG_2163.jpg

Obviously not a fully developed device however the dual cams have an amazing amount of travel.

IMG_2164.jpg

And a ton of pressure!

IMG_2167.jpg

Easily crushed my pinky so imagine this kind of force on nipples, or labia. The cams have a serrated face side as do the landing plates they rub against. This stops them slipping in any position so you can ease them down slowly, or crank them down hard and fast. I'm going to continue refining this concept as they are easy an cheap to make. It can be scaled too, I'm considering a version large enough for whole boobs but they will require more printer time than I can spare currently.

Wishofbeat

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Sep 20, 2018
How posible would it be to have it attached to a belt in the hips?

Maybe that way it wouldnt slip away so easy.

A kind of undergarment with the spreader in the "bottom" it could help to keep it in place with the movement, and avoid it falls, Also would add the Nice benefit that i'm case of slipper it wouldnt fall to the ground

Featured Threads

New Personals