Dream Lover Laboratories & The Birth of Techno-Femdom in Cyberspace

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
As a fan of cyberpunk I am always been fascinated by cutting-edge technology meeting culture. It's been interesting to watch the birth of DreamLover Labs over the last year develop the first of many steps into a brave new world of cyber-femdom. I've built a lot of little electronic BDSM gadgets myself and always felt like I was the only one out there doing it (yay, I'm not alone :)). It's cool to see that there are others applying new technology to BDSM and that there are others out there who are playing around in there spare time.

In case you have no idea what I am talking about you should really go check out the great work the guys at DreamLover Labs are doing. They are developing an electronic "Male Management and Boyfriend Training System." The device they have developed is controlled by an handheld remote control and also can connect via wireless to computers with a special dongle. There is even a special SDK so you can write your own software for it! :D

It's just a baby step but it is a very important one. I doubt the profitability of their venture but I hope it gets others thinking this way. This sort of device is not difficult to develop on your own and I can't wait to see the others that follow it (you know, it would be really easy to add in GPS and 3G connectivity... hint hint!!!).

Last edited:

AlienMindsInc

Kink Talk Member
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
Florida
It would also be exponentially more expensive. GPS units go for around 70 dollars per chip, and 3G requires a phone contract and GSM chip for a GSM provider. In the US, those don't exist, they also need CDMA, and a CDMA company that will actually give you a gsm chip. There are very few that will do that right now willingly. My own search revealed 2 companies, ATT and Verizon that were willing to work with "non network" phones. However, they put a bunch of restrictions on it.

I personally, have always enjoyed computer controlled bondage. I've been toying around with, for a number of years, a design on a bondage chair that can be controlled by a computer, or built in timer/program, which will do a number of things. The main thing, obviously, is keeping you in the chair. For safety, if power goes out, the chair turns off, and if there is another emergency, the emergency off button is on the left arm. Several things it is designed to do are to stimulate certain safe areas with electricity, allowing shocks as punishments, anal/vaginal penetration via dildo, controllable from the computer, and the last part of the design I'm working on now is to use shutter glasses and headphones to provide dom chosen video/audio, or to use for sensory deprivation.

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
It would also be exponentially more expensive. GPS units go for around 70 dollars per chip, and 3G requires a phone contract and GSM chip for a GSM provider. In the US, those don't exist, they also need CDMA, and a CDMA company that will actually give you a gsm chip. There are very few that will do that right now willingly. My own search revealed 2 companies, ATT and Verizon that were willing to work with "non network" phones. However, they put a bunch of restrictions on it.

You could build quite a cool and quite complete device with some of these parts and a good AVR.

There are a ton of phone development tools and GPS chips to choose from. $70 a GPS chip is on the high end however for just GPS functionality. The chips in small quantities are around $50 and likely drop quite a bit in bulk.

All you really need is a SIM card from your phone company. Programming the device is really trivial. The hardest part would be coming up with a small durable form factor.

and the last part of the design I'm working on now is to use shutter glasses and headphones to provide dom chosen video/audio, or to use for sensory deprivation.

That sounds really cool! It's nice to know there are people out there doing this stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals