Electro

cieirn

Kink Talk Member
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Submissive
Sep 4, 2014
puppy-cieirn-caged.bdsmlr.com
I've only experienced violet wands if that counts. I particularly love the body connector that just lets you be the conductor. Very intimate and fun to cause tingling sensations just from your own touch.

Maddykins

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Jul 27, 2019
Ive been asked if I'll endure a tens or a model train controller

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Try to avoid the model train controller. It takes an astonishingly tiny amount of electricity to stop the human heart so why mess around with stuff not made for bdsm uses? I'm also skeptical that the train controller would be very painful as manufacturers likely designed it to not be painful (but not necessarily safe) for children who accidentally touch the track.

Go with the tens unit for sure and make sure to avoid sending current near or through the heart.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Maddykins

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Jul 27, 2019
yeah says he has used it before but idk. he says hes got a powerful tens i cant remember the name of it

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Basic electro safety 101, never use any device that plugs into the wall socket regardless of how low the output is. Things like the train controller usually reduce the wall voltage down to 12V but if there is any failure of insulation you could potentially get a full jolt.

There are plenty of specific BDSM eletro toys you can buy online and quite honestly you will not get anything like as good a result from any kind of adhoc device. If you do want to dabble without the expense there are several game devices that will give you a good safe shock, "Lighting Reaction" is one that has hand controllers that can easily be adapted for bdsm fun. The shock when used on nipples and genitals is quite good as it is designed for the much higher resistance skin of the hands.

Just a little background of electro play. There are two types of electrical current you can get, alternating or direct current, AC and DC and for shock purposes AC is by far the best.
DC is what you get in batteries, as you know batteries have a + and - on them. This means the current flows one way all the time, when you get a shock from DC it tends to stimulate nerves and muscles in that one way producing a dull, clenching sensation that isn't a "good" type of pain.
AC on the other hand switches back and forth at a specific frequency which produces a much more interesting tingling effect at very low levels.
All the purpose made bdsm shock devices are AC and allow you to vary the voltage and the frequency, often they can be programmed to run specific patterns to sweep up and down through intensity ranges.
TENS units also use AC and are designed for pain relief and muscle toning, the effects are interesting but you may find you quickly exhaust the potential for bdsm fun with them.

Reactions: bribri

kaylessa

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderqueer
  • Switch
Jan 7, 2019
Basic electro safety 101, never use any device that plugs into the wall socket regardless of how low the output is. Things like the train controller usually reduce the wall voltage down to 12V but if there is any failure of insulation you could potentially get a full jolt.
I'd like to add to this: Never let the current flow through your heart (like from left to right hand) and never use current on any body part above heart level. With more experience you might skip the second part (like for collars), but one shouldn't try this without experience.

Featured Threads

New Personals