Is it true not all slaves are just about sex?

Etherialknight

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Oct 19, 2008
I read a rumor that not all slaves are just about sex? If it's true, does that affect the role each one plays and how does day to day life change?

Fiendish

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
it is in fact true. Not all slaves are just about the sex, some just like the feeling of being controlled in all ways, not just sexually.

It doesn't really affect the roles of either one, but slaves that aren't just about sex are also made to do things of a completely nonsexual nature(domestic service, etc.) and just doing what the Master tells them. Usually slaves of this caliber are live-in slaves, many you find on the internet are mostly about sex. Sometimes you'll find one or two that want more than mere sexual domination, some might even put sexual activity as a limit. It's the same situation, roughly the same mindset, just spread out into everyday life as opposed to just sexual slavery.

Etherialknight

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Oct 19, 2008
Thanks for the info. So if I'm reading you right, the slaves who are not interested in sex or mixed do not tend to be availble to any common MASTER, only ones that have been in the circle for a while and know what they are doing?

I suppose that would make sence. It would take a fairly powerful influence to match the same sensatioins you get through pain and humuliation.

If I wanted to take a fast track into this world, how would a person go about it?

AlienMindsInc

Kink Talk Member
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
Florida
All Masters are uncommon.

The worst thing for you to be is to pretend you are something you are not. If you want a service slave, make certain it is clear that that is what you want. If you want a service slave with no sex, make it clear.

Learn how to dominate well, keep mindsets in yourself and the slave, and learn some behavioral modification techniques. If you're extremely new, buy a "so you want to train your new dog" book, and read it. Note the principles behind WHY you do what you do to train the dog. Many of those can be applied to humans as well. You could also read up on classical conditioning.

-M

OrangeMonkey

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 13, 2009
One of my particular interests (on an intellectual, not fetish level) is non-traditional forms of slavery.

Service slaves and slaves in long-term chastity are probably the most common, but there are also non-sexual petslaves, toilet slaves, labour slaves, pain slaves, etc.

I've heard one particular case of a lesbian who ended up submitting to a man. While their relationship was certain not non-sexual, it is not sex that she enjoys or desires.

Master_Emanon

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 15, 2009
Comment

Yes that rumor is correct, the core point of a real BDSM M/s or D/s relationship is trust, and while many masters do have sex with their slaves the basis of the trust comes from training them, trust is gained and earned as the master does different things with his slaves from one of the hundreds of fetishes in the lifestyle..

While training them they form a stronger and stronger bond between them, so even without sex the bond is strong.

Speaking from personal experience, I have two collared slaves, and still train dozens of submissive woman, during training our bond becomes stronger, though for most of them we do not have sex, there is still that intimacy of friendship, and trust of them as a slave and me a Master.

I also train several net slaves and they are still very obedient and do what they are told, as well as take photos and/or videos of what they are ordered to do.. and even through the net we still have a bond that does not include sexual actions

DianaR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Apr 8, 2009
I read a rumor that not all slaves are just about sex? If it's true, does that affect the role each one plays and how does day to day life change?

Well many people, Dominants included, aren't using BDSM or D/s as foreplay. In fact, it isn't linked to sex at all, but to social interaction and division of labor, when dealing with submissives, instead of slaves.

Day to day life is much as it is for many people "playtime" only comes after the work - meaning the training, and associated tasks, have been finished.

The training, however, is non sexual in nature and might include anything from learning how to make the bed as the Dominant requires, to working out to maintain the physique that the Dominant finds pleasing.

Last edited by a moderator:

His_Einna

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Apr 17, 2009
Well, I'm a 24/7 slave and I can honestly say if it was all about the sex, I'd be really tired by now!

It's about the little things as well; for instance, I ask Sir in the morning if he has any prefferance over what I wear that day. When we sit down to watch a film, I ask what he's in the mood for and accomodate. I wear skirts and high-heels (which I never used to wear) because he likes me in them. I'm just a little bit prouder wearing something he's bought me than I am wearing something I bought myself, and if he says he fancies a cup of coffee, I jump to make it.

So no, not all about the sex. The sex is just one other thing we do. And to be honest, Sir is very generous between the sheets; the bedroom is sometimes the place where D/s comes across the *least* because of how much he loves bringing me pleasure.

DianaR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Apr 8, 2009
Well many people, Dominants included, aren't using BDSM or D/s as foreplay. In fact, it isn't linked to sex at all, but to social interaction and division of labor, when dealing with submissives, instead of slaves.

Day to day life is much as it is for many people "playtime" only comes after the work - meaning the training, and associated tasks, have been finished.

The training, however, is non sexual in nature and might include anything from learning how to make the bed as the Dominant requires, to working out to maintain the physique that the Dominant finds pleasing.

I had to correct that typo...oops!

Edit: Did correct it for you, Merlin

Last edited by a moderator:

lucky_witch

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 18, 2009
I believe that sex is not the only way where a person can be a slave. A person can also be a slave when she is being controlled with the things that she want... just because it doesn't suit the other person.

dwayne1477

Kink Talk Member
  • Lesbian
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 19, 2009
Can you explain what the point would be if it's not about sex? I mean I am my boss's slave all day long. I think if someone was my master and it was not sexual I would think something was wrong.

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Can you explain what the point would be if it's not about sex? I mean I am my boss's slave all day long. I think if someone was my master and it was not sexual I would think something was wrong.

Why should it be wrong? It just shows that everyone's different and doesn't necessarily engage in D/s relationships for the same reasons or have the same needs...

The point would be exactly what I'm referring about: needs. There are many people who keep these activities to sex.

Some other people (like me) are just not satisified if it is kept only "to the bedroom".

And there are a few people who are into Master/slave relationships where sex isn't involved at all. The point for them is to serve another person by doing stuff like domestic chores and the likes. Why? Because that's what makes them happy.

It's really not that uncommon to see a Master/slave relationship where there are things involved such as food control and or diet, having a subs clothes chosen for them, exercises or training routines, bathroom use control or service in general like housework, etc. You can think about just anything between the time you get up to the time you go to sleep and some people have their whole day planned by their dominants. Some people just need that control.

Personally, I'm not quite sure how to explain it well... I just know that I've been in some relationships in the past where the D/s activities were only kept to the bedroom and I was never satisfied or happy with that.

The whole point for me is that I need it to be this way and that's what makes me happy. I think that's a good enough reason :)

Reactions: depp

Slave2008

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Apr 12, 2009
For me its not all about the sex, although sex is a by product of the "training" if you will. I enjoy (always have) being told what to do in a sub/Dom realationship.

It fills a void for me, something I cant quite put my finger on, but it completes me. Im not just a tie me up/spank me in the bedroom kind of person. I prefer 24/7 control.

Im also very much into Teasing and Denial so it fits in nicely with my kinks!

EyesWideOpen

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 2, 2009
I am submissive by nature. I enjoy serving and making others comfortable. Sex is just an aspect I enjoy being incorporated. It is not about sex to me. It is about the dynamic of the relationship.

Reactions: depp

Featured Threads

New Personals