Is this common, or is it a scam?

newtothis1

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Apr 27, 2022
Hi, I'm new to this. I am hoping to start training with my first Mistress. She has refused to meet first, she wants me to buy $800 of equipment (through her recommended supplier) and then she will provide location of her dungeon. This includes things like bondage chair, bedroom restraint kit, wouldn't she have this in a dungeon already? Feels scammy, or is this how it is done?

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
Does it have to be a scam? No, but the chance is there for sure and no this is not normal and sounds even if it is legit like sexworker/golddigger.
Would you agree to a date if you were told to pay $800 before even seeing them?
D/s is a form of relationship, all normal rules of dating apply

lotusdriver81

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Aug 7, 2016
Sounds like a scam to me. She probably receives money for everything you buy. If she has a dungeon she should have the equipment already. Don't get sucked in by someone you've never met or had contact with.

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Hi, I'm new to this. I am hoping to start training with my first Mistress. She has refused to meet first, she wants me to buy $800 of equipment (through her recommended supplier) and then she will provide location of her dungeon. This includes things like bondage chair, bedroom restraint kit, wouldn't she have this in a dungeon already? Feels scammy, or is this how it is done?
95% scam bullshit. I personally don’t mix money with kink but I know others do. Again actual findom is totally different from the whole bullshit “I’ll empty your bank account” type that plagues the Internet.

If you’re talking about a meet with someone the first meet or few should be vanilla in a public place like a mall, bar or restaurant so you can each safely assess each other.

Furthermore where as I do make sure I use only new toys on each sub I play with locally and don’t share them between others. I understand things like bondage furniture isn’t something that’s going to be bought new each time. So long as it’s able to be cleaned properly for safe use. Also when I do
Require subs to have toys it’s equal side investing or I buy it myself.

This is all very demanding for someone you owe nothing to at this point. Now that being said if it’s a person here on kinktalk. Pay for play isn’t allowed Here so report the account to admin for ban.

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
if she asked you to buy things for yourself then can't be scam.
If she asked you to buy things for her then it is.

Reactions: Mistreshellen

pmme_yourfork

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 30, 2021
if she asked you to buy things for yourself then can't be scam.
If she asked you to buy things for her then it is.
I would like to disagree, this sounds like a way to get him to buy at this shop she gets "sponsored by" aka her supplier.

Atleast that's one way how I would go about scaming people with bdsm. (Not that I do that obviously)

newtothis1

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Apr 27, 2022
That was what came to mind when she said "bdsm designated supplier". And she focused on this/money without responding to my simple questions about arrangements. Felt a little steam-rollered, another flag sign for me.

lotusdriver81

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Aug 7, 2016
Guaranteed she will get money for you shopping at her "designated supplier". Stay clear of her. She is just after your money not a relationship.

Reactions: Layne

Featured Threads

New Personals