SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
So finally here it is: my first Kink Talk blog ^-^

For my first entry I think it would be fitting that I explain a bit the reasons why I decided to start a blog here. Even though it is my first time blogging here I have had 3 other blogs in the past, all of them on Livejournal. I started writing my first one back in September 2007 when I was involved in a relationship with another Master. My first blog was… well… a bit boring to be honest… It was really made more like a “dare report” type of journal and my entries sounded pretty much like a “I did this then I did that” kinda blog… I was not really used to write about my experiences much less in a second language. So I didn’t let a lot of my personality or emotions out in there at all. But still I enjoyed the experience because I love writing.

The second blog was the one I kept for the longest time. I started it at the very beginning of my relationship with Merlin and, for months, I posted there regularly, usually 1-2 times per week. My entries were also a lot longer and much more personal. Back then it was also a very useful tool for both Merlin and me. It’s never easy for me to talk about myself, how I feel, etc. And when I’m living experiences that draw intense feelings it becomes even harder. I either don’t know what to say or can’t seem to find the right words… sometimes I’m not even sure what I feel exactly… Even now I think I’ve become better at it but it’s still not something that comes out naturally. However, it’s not really hard for me to sit and think back a bit later and write about these things. I remember how I could start an entry saying I wanted to keep it short and simple and finally ending up writing for a few hours and posting a 12 paragraph entry! lol Even if Merlin and I talk every day for at least 1-2 hours each time (most time more than that) each time I blogged it seemed like new things came out.

For the last 2 months my entries became more irregular and, somehow, I started to lose interest and motivation to keep up with it. The main problem was that I’m very self-critical. So the focus of my entries became more and more about what I had done wrong, how unsatisfied and disappointed of myself I was, and blah blah… Even when I seemed to have a good week and to be in a good mood as soon as I sat to write this was all I could come up with. So I needed to step back and temporarily stop writing because it was no longer beneficial to me.

Then a couple of months later the neeed to start writing came back so last fall I started a 3rd blog. I wanted it to have a different tone and not to be strictly focused on my slavery and experiences. I wanted it to be more general so I could write about my thoughts on D/s in general, not just my own experiences. And, at times, I would write about stuff completely unrelated to D/s. Because after all, even though I’m a slave, it’s not my only interest in life. So this would have given me the opportunity to write about more lighthearted stuff.

Unfortunately, this 3rd blog was short-lived for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I started to get ill not longer after I started it. Last fall and winter I’ve been sick pretty much all the time in fact :( In October I caught the flu. No big deal there even though I’m rarely ill and catch a cold once every 5 year usually… But this silly flu, for whatever reason, didn’t want to go away… After a couple of weeks I seemed to feel better but yet still “tired”… Then one day I came back from the swimming pool, started to chat on yahoo with Merlin, when suddenly I started to feel incredibly tired with high fever, muscle pain… Things got worse: unable to sleep: laying down was too painful! It was a viral pneumonia… :S I used to think that a pneumonia was like the flu but only worse… It’s not like that at all… I just felt incredibly tired and my body was aching all over… ugh! The first days I could not do anything: even sitting at my desk was too much. But I still left my comp open and, at times, I would get up to type a few lines to Merlin. This may sound funny but only doing this and knowing I was not “alone” helped me recover.

It took several weeks though for me to feel normal again and I was fine during the Christmas holidays… until I caught scarlet fever last January >.< Silly thing, really… in some ways it was worse than the pneumonia. With the pneumonia, I was feeling awful but at least each day I could see that I was getting a little bit better. This stupid fever, however, was completely unpredictible. For one or two days I felt ill and sleepy then one day I’d be fine only to feel sick again… =/ And once again, it took a few weeks for me to recover fully…

Being ill for such a long period of time affected me in general as well. Obviously, because of the circumstances, I couldn’t do as much tasks as I used to. And the few times I did it felt odd: I just felt as if I was not myself anymore :S It was kinda scary because for a short period of time I felt like I wasn’t sure anymore I wanted to be a slave at all… Now I think, due to being interrupted a few times with illness and other stuff I ended up losing sight of why I was doing all of this for… I could not follow many of my old rules because they had become unpracticable during the time I was sick. And the tasks themselves became more difficult too because I had lost focus in general…

For this reason, among other ones, and after a few long discussions Merlin and I decided that it would be best for me to start from zero. With everything: the rules, tasks, etc. This is, in some ways, a huge step back but I felt like it was a good one and that it was necessary. I just wasn’t able to go back to the point I was before the illness and all the problems it had caused.

So since I’m beginning everything all over again this made me feel like starting to write again too. I know I have missed it and I think Merlin has to. Then 2 weeks ago when Depp posted about the new KT blog features I had a look at this and I liked it a lot. I always had a bit of a hard time with Livejournal because I didn’t understand how to use all the features there and some other things were not free =/ And since I also decided to be more active here it all made sense that here would be the perfect place to start my new journal :) In fact the timing is perfect: I’m getting more active here, the site itself has started to get more active (which I’m so happy about!), I’m starting all over again as a “beginner slave” hehe… and it’s spring… I always feel the urge to start new things at spring ^-^

So all of this to say that I’m moving my new blog here :D

Once last note: after discussing my new blog with Merlin I have made it visible to contacts only and opted to moderate comments before display. Not what I had planned at first lol… My first idea was to make it visible to all but allow only contacts to comment but I finally followed Merlin’s “recommandations” :p

So that’s it for now… Hopefully I will make this a regular and interesting blog. I have no idea at the moment about the frequency of my entries but ideally I would like to post once a week. But anyway, no matter how regularly I post, I think it will be easier for me to stay closer to my blog here. Also I think I’m gonna take the same direction as I wanted to with my last blog and not make it strictly a “slave blog” about my tasks and stuff but also about my thoughts in general.

Soooo….

Happy Easter and don’t eat all the chocolates!

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
i liked your blogs and found them always informative for me to read too :) i hope the others will also find it as interesting as me :)

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
:)

I'm happy that you feel that way about it because that's always been one of the main purpose for me to write about all these things... Not to mention that it will keep me occupied when you're not online :p

lydiab6

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 15, 2008
I know you asked for a comment, but I would have commented anyway.

Congratulations on the new blog, and on feeling better.

I'm really glad that you are writing this here, as it makes it so much easier to remember the url of your blog.

Good luck with everything, and I look forward to reading all about it. :)

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Thanks Lydia! Yeah I wasn't too sure how the comments moderation option worked but seems like I've figured it out now :D

aron878

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Submissive
Oct 7, 2008
Wow, you must be popular among the illness club. ;)

Nevertheless, you're a great bloger, and just a good person in general :)

...(beats my lame entries on gD)

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Thanks for the nice words aron :)

And, yeah, I feel better now so hopefully I'm gonna be kicked out of the Illness Club :p

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
Try to go to kindergarten or have a kid there... it may "help" :)

aron878

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Submissive
Oct 7, 2008
LOL, you two are the greatest.
(Ever consider a tag-team comedy skit;)?)

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Well, in reality aron, I'm the one who is funny. Merlin is not really funny: he's just cute! So whenever he says something that sounds "funny" just tell him: "Aah, Merlin, you're so cute!"

He likes that :)

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
User Name: aron878 - Banned By: Merlin - Ban Will Be Lifted On: Never - Reason: Mocking my cute masterhood!!!

:D :D :D

Featured Threads

New Personals