Reality Check!!

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
Warning! Rant Ahead

I feel some people in kink sites think that every person/female, dom/me or sub here is extremely kinky [like that's all they think about or do], some sort of sex expert, looking to provide other people with some sort of prof wanking services. Through this post I want to say without any judgement as I respect everyone and the role they play in the society, that many kinksters on this site are also quite vanilla, educated and intelligent people involved in regular vanilla professions with regular family, friends and hobbies/interests in the real world, and are here to only explore their kinky side often very part time and discretely, and interact with some like minded genuine people or participate in some thoughtful discussion threads.

The gender ratio in these sites are skewed adversely and so when the few genuine females who are active do post, make sure their experience in this site is healthy and read their profiles, and a good number of their posts in the past to understand what they are into or if they are looking for something before you make a presumptuous move which may put them off from actively posting. Doing some research before approaching will help you customize your message and thus increase your chances of getting more affirmative responses and a politer tone takes you far. Just my two cents.

I am writing about this as this is not something that happens once or twice but is quite common and quite a few [mostly men] people do this in kink sites if you ask any genuine female.

So if you want the gender ratio on these sites to improve, the choice is yours!

Rant Over, Thank you for reading!

Note: If you do not like what I ranted about please ignore instead of flaming. This is a personal blog and not a discussion thread and I am free to express my thoughts without having to defend them. No comments on this please.

Last edited:

IzzAvenged

Catfish warning
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Oct 5, 2018
So.... how many dozen "Do this, Slave, I am now your master" messages did it take to prompt this? ;)

I swear, so many guys here are so clueless... if I thought they had the confidence to act this way in real life, I would be genuinely terrified.

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
So.... how many dozen "Do this, Slave, I am now your master" messages did it take to prompt this? ;)

Depends on if you include unsolicited random messages that say (read demand) they need a mistress with "this", "this" and "this" qualities ready to do "this", "this" and "this" for them

g-man

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 9, 2011
Interesting subject. For the most part, I'd be inclined to agree with what's been said. Yes, there is a large demographic divide between genders on this site, and probably lots of other sites in general. The stereotypes that you're highlighting are one of the main reasons that I tend not to get involved in many threads or discussions. I am always more than happy to discuss pretty much anything with anyone, providing that they're open to other peoples view points.

The only part of your post that I do not entirely agree with, but I must stress that context matters here, and I'll explain in just a moment.

. Doing some research before approaching will help you customize your message and thus increase your chances of getting more affirmative responses and a politer tone takes you far. Just my two cents.

For the purposes of an open discussion or debate that anyone can join in, I would agree with you entirely. I'll always do some form of research before I post on a thread, but I'll only post if I feel that I have something to contribute. If my thoughts are already voiced by someone else who shares the same view, then I wont.

However, for all intents and purposes, if I were to approach someone in an online environment, and I'm going to use both vanilla and kink oriented sites, to explain why I dont entirely agree with the statement. I certainly appreciate and understand your viewpoint however. I am in no way suggesting that your inbox isn't flooded with illiterate drivvel on a regular basis.

Normally, when I plan on messaging someone, I'll read through their profile, scan through posting histories and the like to get a feel for their personality. When I write the message, I'll be open and polite, reference some of the things I've learned, and ask a few open questions to encourage dialogue (for example asking something about a hobby they're into. Im sure you get the idea. The results of doing my research, shows no difference in response rate. I do however, suspect that what you've outlined is a factor, and my message tends to be overlooked. I'll use the metaphor of, "The jewel that gets lost in the pile of manure", unless we're talking about dating sites, in which case one look at my pictures is enough to repulse most people because I have a face for radio! :D

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
Note: If you do not like what I ranted about please ignore instead of flaming. This is a personal blog and not a discussion thread and I am free to express my thoughts without having to defend them. No comments on this please.
Like I said above this is a personal blog and not a discussion thread, no (more) comments please

Featured Threads