The Difference between a slave and a submissive?

iluvXTRMcbt

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 8, 2012
This is a copy of a Thread I started on GetDare.
Curious to see what answers I get here.

This question is for anyone.

In your mind, what is the difference between a submissive and a slave?

Mistress_Lucie

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Feb 27, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
Submissive is a state of mind and a state of being. Submissives, even owned submissives, are not necessarily slaves. Slaves are almost always submissive (in relation to the BDSM lifestyle; spare a thought for the many true trafficked slaves who are neither kinky nor submissive).

A submissive may give up some of himself or herself to the guidance of another, whereas a slave gives up almost all control of their lives to another.

The people of GetDare seem to be wholly unaware of any difference, and therefore think sticking something up your bum while on cam, or wearing odd socks to school on someone's request makes you a slave.

Hopefully here we'll get a more grown up set of responses.

Lucie xoxo

iluvXTRMcbt

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 8, 2012
I agree with your thoughts on this Ms. Lucie.

I was talking in the BDSM world not the slave trade where its not consentual. (however, that is sort of a fantasy of mine. one to remain as such, a fantasy)

here is my wording on this answer.
a submissive is someone who actually has most of the control in a BDSM scene because they set the limits, decide what will/will not happen, and can stop the scene at just about anytime they want.

a slave is the person who literally gives complete control to another person. this is generally something achieved over time and as trust builds between people. the slave will trust the Master/Mistress to respect limits even without expressing them directly. However, the slave is also open to streaching of the limits and expanding the experiances for the pleasure of the Master/Mistress. a slave will usually only have a few hard set limits and those are usually something like legal, damage, etc.

most relationships in the BDSM roles start with a Dom and submissive, but over time can turn into Master/Mistress and slave relationships. This change depends on the two parties involved.

Jkkicker

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 12, 2011
Well put, I would never consider myself a slave because I do like to control my life. However, playing around and giving someone control of me for a while is a huge turn on for me. I do, however, want to get back in control of my life. I think that makes me submisive.

Featured Threads

New Personals