Munches & "The Scene"

NotQuiteTamed

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 10, 2016
I've not been to a munch (for shame, I know, I know)...

In part, it's because the few people I've met who have been really involved in my local scene have been kind just..jerky. Enough so that I haven't felt really comfortable being "out" as a kinkster in a larger and unfamiliar group.

What's your experience been with these sort of things? Have you found your local scene to be chill and welcoming? :confused:

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I for one will recommend munches, in my experience they are a great way to get involved and meet like minded folks. Of course you don't need to attend in your area, visiting one in another nearby town is a good option especially if your town is small.
Most of my experiences at munches was around San Francisco and the Bay Area in general, they were always well organised and great fun. Remember munches are meets in casual clothes just for chatting and networking, no need to feel intimidated and of course everyone there is "out" already so you are only outing yourself among your peers.
That said I am not a huge fan of many local bdsm communities, to me they often run foul of the same thing that seems to plague clubs of any type, they can be cliquey and often over bureaucratic.

NotQuiteTamed

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 10, 2016
I for one will recommend munches, in my experience they are a great way to get involved and meet like minded folks. Of course you don't need to attend in your area, visiting one in another nearby town is a good option especially if your town is small.
Most of my experiences at munches was around San Francisco and the Bay Area in general, they were always well organised and great fun. Remember munches are meets in casual clothes just for chatting and networking, no need to feel intimidated and of course everyone there is "out" already so you are only outing yourself among your peers.

Very True. Which is why I steadfastly refuse to write them off :)

That said I am not a huge fan of many local bdsm communities, to me they often run foul of the same thing that seems to plague clubs of any type, they can be cliquey and often over bureaucratic.

Also very true, which is why I've felt weird going to a new one :/ I need to get over that.

Featured Threads

New Personals