Question on Ownership: What's your opinion?

straightmdom

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Sep 8, 2014
(I use 'sub' and 'dom' loosely to encompass all forms of submissive and dominant personalities. This is based on online d/s relationships but may be related to real life too)

This all stemmed from a conversation I had with a girl who used to be my sub. She's a switch and we talk regularly but I am not her Dom/Master/Owner, but we do play on the rare occasion, when she feels like being dominated (she is more dominant and has her own sub anyway). But that's besides the point....

The last time we had a little 'session' we spoke about her sub and I joked that since the switch submitting to me at that point, her sub was also mine. This begged the question,well..... is she?

I'm not much of a sub, so if and when I have a sub who is a switch I always say they are allowed to have a sub or two of their own if they wish. But what do you think? Is my subs' sub, my sub? 0_o

Doms: If you're switch had his/her own sub(s), do you think you would want to have a 'claim' on them, or have rights over them too? Do you think you should have any?

Switches: Would you say that your dom had rights over your subs too?

Subs: If your dom was a switch and had a dom themselves, would you obey their dom?

I'm just curious. Me and my friends had a little discussion and decided it would just be personal preference and based upon the individuals likes, dislikes and limits. How do you see it? Is it based on the individuals involved, is there some unwritten rule somewhere that I should here about? Go wild ;)

Master Vagrant

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Feb 23, 2014
In my sub's mind
It's purely personal, cause if you are a straight Dom, and own a female switch who is also straight, then would you Dom a sub male? Also, that sub male maybe don't want male Dom?
In other hand, i encourage my sub girl to find another girl for double submission or maybe their own Mistress/slave female fun but under my control.
So as i said, its purely between 3 persons, their likes/dislikes, or some mutual agreement.

CuriouslyInterested

Verified Dragon
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Jan 12, 2015
Midwest
Very Interesting Question

I don't know that there is an all encompassing answer to this but it's interesting to ponder. There are so many different aspects to submissive/dominant relationships it's going to vary by each relationship.

The first issue that might come up with the gender of the parties involved. Not everyone wants to play with the same genders.

A person who identifies as more as a slave would probably be willing to serve whomever, especially if their master or mistress instructed them to.

I think submissive personalities might have more of a difficult time with this. They might not feel the need to submit to anyone other than their dominant. There is also potential for conflict if there is no familiarity or level of trust between the submissive and "new" dominant. Then again, the unknown might be exciting for the submissive.

In either scenario it might cause inner conflict if a rule has been established that the sub/slave shall serve no other dom/master.

I think if I personally was a submissive in that scenario, I would have a problem with submitting to someone I was unfamiliar with. Respect would obviously be given but any power exchange with someone I didn't choose or agree to would be a limit. It might be different if "my dominant" were incorporated or if I knew their dominant, but just someone random stepping in would be a no.

Featured Threads

New Personals