knowandwrite

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Oct 2, 2011
How did you set your limits?
How did you get started with this?
For those submissives in real life, what would you do if a dom broke your limits during play?
How much time do you spend on this during the week?

Still new to the culture and looking to learn from others. Doms and switches are welcome to weigh in also.

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
An experienced Dom/Master will push any limits their sub/slave has set trying to "expand" any hesitations. Walking that fine line takes skill and experience -- push too far from the "razor's edge" creates an adverse and confrontational situation between "student" and "teacher"!

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
An experienced Dom/Master will not push any hard limits their sub/slave has set.

When most people discuss limits they break it down further, so you have
dislikes - things you're willing to do but don't particullay enjoy

soft limits - things that you're not that comfortable with but don't mind being pushed a little, these are what i hope memories for life was talking about pushing. These are ones you often have a safe signal for so your dominant will know when they've gone too far.

hard limits - things that you will not even consider doing under any circumstances. These are ones if the dominant breaks you're willing to just walk over, possibly calling the police on the way out.

It's not difficult to set your limits, just think of the things you are unwilling to do.
But don't assume that they'll stay the same, keep talking about them with your dominant about them so they know where they stand as much as you. It's all about talking.
My sub's limits have changed considerably, there's things she set as limits that she's surprised me by asking me to do (which is a huge turn on).
It shouldn't really be a case of thinking about it each week, it's just a part of talking with your dom, discussing new things they want to try and how comfortable or not you are with them.

trickery

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Nov 8, 2009
How did you get started with this?
For those submissives in real life, what would you do if a dom broke your limits during play?
How much time do you spend on this during the week?

Still new to the culture and looking to learn from others. Doms and switches are welcome to weigh in also.

I set my limits with my last Mistress. We basically compared notes about what she wanted and what I was willing to do. At the end of the day, I didn't end up with any limits. Any limits I would have considered involved acts she wasn't interested in (permanent markings, public, scat, piss, and blood).
I got started as soon as I realized bdsm existed. Prior to that, I always got aroused while watching any movie that involved someone being tied up or gagged.
If a dom broke a previously discussed limit, the session would end and be followed by a discussion. The second time it happened, the relationship
would end.
I used to spend 2-4 nights a week on this, but now I don't spend any.

Dom6BDSM

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 24, 2011
North Europe

Sub decides what sub like and don't like to do.

Often a sub wanna try something sub never have tried before.

Thats not pushing limits - thats exploring limits and see what the sub like or dislike. This is done with the full cooperation of both sub and dom.

Featured Threads

New Personals