The desire?

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Can anyone tell me what the desire/obession with spanking is? I'm not knocking it, just curious about it. It could be fun, but I'd just like to figure some stuff out haha

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Hmm... Never tried to explain it before (even to myself!) so it will be "scrambled" as I rarely make sense when explaining those things :D

Well first I think that it attracts a lot of subs because spankings can be administrated on very different levels pain-wise and also the circumstances they occur. Personally, I like painful stuff in general but this one is different from the others because of the "sound effect". You don't get that from clothespins for ex. Good spankings should not just be felt but heard (Chloe's rule here, lol) At least, that's my theory, don't know if it matches other "spanking-lovers" :)

Last edited:

lydiab6

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 15, 2008
I agree that a lot of the appeal for me is the sound. I once found a site that looked like it had some amazing spanking videos, but when I went to play them the sound wasn't working and the videos weren't good anymore. Spanking is contact and involves more than one sense so it gives a person more to pick up on and turn into other feelings. At least thats how I view it.

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
A quick note on this one of the things my sub says she likes with a good hand spanking, is how she can feel the spankers hand getting hot.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Hummmm where to start.

I love the feel of the pain growing over my skin as it turns from pink, to red and then to purple(if it's a hard spanking), the way my whole body flushes warmer and my legs shake slightly as the pain rises, how if I'm made to count the spanks I get confused and loose count as the pain rises, how it can be done in a lot of positions, range from a light playfull spank to a full on heavy thud, how it can be done just with the hand or with paddles or canes etc, the feeling of the spanker having the power over me and being able to tease with how forcefull the spanks will be or where they will be, the fuzzy feeling as I float off into subspace, the soft caresses between spanks, the spankers hand getting hotter against my skin if it's a hand spanking, being pushed with the pain, taking the pain for someone else, the stress release I get from it, how horny it makes me feel, and most deffinatly the marks it leaves after!

Yes spanking is most deffinatly my fetish and I love a hard painfull spanking that when I sit down for a few days later I flinch. I will quite happily self spank when I get the craving if that is the only way to get the feeling even though it's not the same.I guess the marks and bruises it leaves after are kind of like battle scars I'm kind of proud of them that I have taken the pain for someone.

Ok I will stop there becuase I could go on a lot more but I now need to go have a cold shower :D

Last edited:
Reactions: depp

Ghost

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
NY, state
I would say, not an expert
Sometimes is just the idea of being punished in a way that since little kids we are not too comfortable with; plus is maybe the easiest way to punish ur slave or yourself.

Thats is what i think

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Humm well spanking is never used as a punishment for me as I enjoy pain and being punished with something I enjoy would obviously give mixed signals. But I know for some it is the idea of it being a punishment that appeals, but then is it a punishment if it appeals? I don't know thats another subject though :)

Meander

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
May 9, 2008
kylyssa.blogspot.com
I enjoy a little spanking during sex. Sometimes a bit of harmless pain puts me way over the edge and I'll have really intense, multiple orgasms. I guess it breaks my concentration and just lets my body react to the other sexual stimulus.

StrawMansBrain

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 13, 2008
Physically, you can inflict more on the posterior safely, and being bent over a knee or chair leaves the sub exposed and vulnerable (in addition to quite appealing...) plus as others have mentioned it is childish and humbling and effective as both punishment or reward as needed.

aika

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 20, 2008
England
Light spanking can cause sexual pleasure, so that might be a reason.

The buttocks are one of the areas of the body that can take the most beating, and it's such a submissive act to let someone touch it. You generally can't look at the person spanking you in the eye, and if you are being spanked bare then they have a good close-up of your crotch.

The plus side for the person administering the spanking is that bums are, well, sexy, and fun to touch in general ;)

Also, since many children are spanked as a punishment, I would assume that is why it is such a common punishment in the BDSM community.

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Hmm it all sounds very interesting, tell me, does anyone know of a few good ways/methods of self-spanking? Ones that might simulate another doing it, perhaps? It seems intriguing, and I might not mind another fetish mwahaha.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I self spank quite a lot on the phone or on cam for Mr P and I either use my hand, hair brush, belt, garden cane, and the recently discovered plastic hanger. There isn't a way to simulate how it feels when someone else is doing it, the nearest is doing it at someone elses orders.

I'd start off with your hand then maybe a large paddle shaped hair brush. Can choose the force yourself so start off easy and build up when you want to. Would also start off with your bum as this for most is the biggest pleasure zone with spanking. When spanking with your hand cup it slightly, this will reduce the sting in your hand and mean you can keep soanking longer. If you use the flat of your hand the sting will also build up in your hand as well as where ever you are spanking meaning you cant spank for as long really. It is also quite hard to spank yourself hard enough to get a hand print on your bum if that was something you wanted to get. Just experiament and go with what feels right :)

Last edited:
Reactions: depp

aika

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 20, 2008
England
TS is right, nothing comes even close to the real deal.

Having one's lady over one's knee doesn't half get one aroused.

Achilles

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
May 9, 2008
I like the juggling personally, but I guess I'm a little more simple.

stephpoet

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
It is the sensation for me. The second His hand hits even my clothed bottom, I am turned on.

rumen

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jun 11, 2008
The pain amplify the satisfaction :) The more, the better.

ghillieman

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 1, 2008
spanking is sick. lol in my opinion my boner goes down when i see that. ILL never do it. its creepy

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
spanking is sick. lol in my opinion my boner goes down when i see that. ILL never do it. its creepy
Oh What??!! You don't like spankings?? :spank: Here's one for you ghillieman for not being too respectful of other people's kinks :p

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals