Need Some Advice

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
(as posted on my blog that no one seems to read)

This is the first time I've posted in here in a long, long time. I am doing so because I've had a lot on my mind about my transvestism. I've known for a while now that I'm a transvestite... when the therapist I was seeing looked at me and told me in no uncertain terms "you're a transvestite" it kind of shocked me. It was the first time I had "confirmation."

My issue is, I'm not sure if it's bleeding into transgenderism. There are times when I'm content just dressing up, then others when I'm sincerely jealous of women just for being women. I've got a great girlfriend who tells me that she'd love me no matter what, but I'm still scared that she'd change her mind if I did any more than the casual weekend dress up.

Then, of course, I feel torn sometimes because on one hand I'd love to be me and dress/call myself whatever I wanted, then on the other I want a traditional happy family, which is something I don't think could happen if my kids had a shemale and a mother. Any thoughts?

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
Have you thought about maybe doing a longer period as a woman, see how it feels over more than just a weekend, say a solid week or two. That would give you a better sense of how it feels for yourself, and for your girlfriend.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Hi stranger! Hope you and yours are doing good :)

First off, do you have kids already? If so then I can see your concerns, if not then your sexuality wouldn't stop you loving and taking care of them. If it was me my key concern would be the assumptions and judgments other people would make, but people make those no matter what your sexuality is!

I find it very hard to believe sum1 when he tells me he loves me no matter what. It's not that I doubt him but that I don't have much self confidence so I can see where you're coming from on that one. It's great that your gf is so supportive but until you give it a go and see that she still loves you it will be hard to believe. I doubt very much me and sum1 are gana have a traditional family if we have kids. Not many kids see their mum get corner time :p

Try not to concentrate on the labels, you need to figure out what you and your gf are comfortable with. If she is happy for you to try going longer as a woman then go for it!

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Well, my job precludes me from dressing up more than casually, so as much as I'd love to try that, it's not tenable at the moment. I suppose it really is just the labels that society imposes that just infuriate me. It's like that quote... "those who care don't matter, and those who matter don't care." or something like that.

Featured Threads

New Personals