Which do you think is the kinkier thing to own?

cynor

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jun 5, 2011
Ok, so I'm single and own several toys and kinky things. Today a girl and I were talking about kinky things we own, and I said what I thought was the kinkiest... but I'd like to get some other opinions (for SAG mainly). So here is a list of my toys...

Leather Cuffs (locking and non)
Nipple Clamps
Ball and Open mouth Gag
Whip
Spreader bar
Rope (hey, it can be a toy in the right hands!)
Dildo/Buttplug

Personally I think it's a toss up between the Whip and maybe Dildo/Buttplug since I'm single. But the rest are pretty "tame" and not too out there.

So what do you all think? And what do you own?

Komodo Jones

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
May 27, 2009
I'd probably have to say the whip. I mean there are tons of spanking and toerh abusive implements out there that are household objects...but owning an actual whip, that's pretty kinky.

spiritualxtc

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 14, 2010
I don't know about "kinky" but I'd prefer my slut to have a dildo and butt plug set.

Dom6BDSM

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 24, 2011
North Europe
Spreader bar - no doubt about it.

Most of the other items can often be seen as used bye people who like to play som light BDSM from time to time. But not a spreader bar.

cynor

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jun 5, 2011
Spreader bar - no doubt about it.

Most of the other items can often be seen as used bye people who like to play som light BDSM from time to time. But not a spreader bar.

Good point... although I'd argue an actual whip (not a hairbrush or ruler or something) wouldn't be for "light" BDSM play. So maybe a toss up between whip and spreader bar

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
The whip is totally ineffective unless the slab of meat is significantly restrained. The spreader bar provides restraint and allows unrestricted access to "key" locations to be whipped. Use of the cuffs would make prolonged hanging from the wrists via an overhead attachment point more "comfortable" for the pain slut. Proper use of the whip and the techniques needed to extract maximum application to sensitive "areas" requires a 40-foot radius clearance from the "object" of discipline!

Dom6BDSM

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 24, 2011
North Europe
Good point... although I'd argue an actual whip (not a hairbrush or ruler or something) wouldn't be for "light" BDSM play. So maybe a toss up between whip and spreader bar

Those who ride horses often has whips at home - so whips are more common then you think.

Kitten

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Apr 29, 2009
A spreader bar.
Most vanilla people probably don't even realise those things are actually being made.
It's a really kinky item. :)

Mistress_Lucie

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Feb 27, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
BDSM toys oddly are not considered kinky by kinksters- what kinksters consider kinky is the use of none sexual items in a D/s way.

Of the ones you've listed the whip- providing it is a real whip- is the only one that is in its own right hardcore. Of the dom/mes I know only a handful can use a bullwhip safely and effectively. Though I do take issue with memories for life on a number of issues-

1) 40' radius. Not so. Although a corridor of around 15' is tight, 20-25' is usually more than adequate.

2) The sub doesn't have to be restrained fully to use a whip- although for most newbies it's probably necessary. However I have seen TensionRoom101 weave his magic so the sub cannot feel pain at all when being flogged.

3) cuffs for hanging. If hanging the sub for prolonged periods, I would very strongly recommend suspension cuffs. They cost a little more but worth it. Ordinary cuffs are not ideal for hanging as they can cause undue stresses on the wrists.

Spreader bars and cuffs are actually commonplace these days- you can even buy them from Ann Summers (though I'd not recommend it- they're very poor construction and easy to break) so not as kinky in the public eye as they once were.

I suppose the thing is, the kinkiest item you own is down to personal choice. My vanilla work colleagues would probably say the nipple clamps were the most kinky... very naive. Bless 'em. I have most fun with the open mouthed gags, but I love forced bi. I guess it's not so much the thing itself, but what opportunities they open up to a kinky mind.

Interesting discussion though. :)

Lucie xoxo

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
However I have seen TensionRoom101 weave his magic so the sub cannot feel pain at all when being flogged.

Heh heh! Freaks 'em out every time m'love. Especially when we double team 'em. :)

Anyway. Kinkiest. I agree with Lucie- cheap spreader bars are quite commonplace now- and someone with strong thigh muscles can pull them apart with their crappy keyring connectors. Anyone buying their BDSM toys from Ann Summers deserves all they get. Don't do it children. :)

I'll say the butt plug- providing it's combined with some ginger oil and latex briefs. But then I'm evil like that. :D

Mike

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
BDSM toys oddly are not considered kinky by kinksters- what kinksters consider kinky is the use of none sexual items in a D/s way.

Of the ones you've listed the whip- providing it is a real whip- is the only one that is in its own right hardcore. Of the dom/mes I know only a handful can use a bullwhip safely and effectively. Though I do take issue with memories for life on a number of issues-

1) 40' radius. Not so. Although a corridor of around 15' is tight, 20-25' is usually more than adequate.

2) The sub doesn't have to be restrained fully to use a whip- although for most newbies it's probably necessary. However I have seen TensionRoom101 weave his magic so the sub cannot feel pain at all when being flogged.

3) cuffs for hanging. If hanging the sub for prolonged periods, I would very strongly recommend suspension cuffs. They cost a little more but worth it. Ordinary cuffs are not ideal for hanging as they can cause undue stresses on the wrists.

Spreader bars and cuffs are actually commonplace these days- you can even buy them from Ann Summers (though I'd not recommend it- they're very poor construction and easy to break) so not as kinky in the public eye as they once were.

I suppose the thing is, the kinkiest item you own is down to personal choice. My vanilla work colleagues would probably say the nipple clamps were the most kinky... very naive. Bless 'em. I have most fun with the open mouthed gags, but I love forced bi. I guess it's not so much the thing itself, but what opportunities they open up to a kinky mind.

Interesting discussion though. :)

Lucie xoxo

1) 40' radius is my standard for a hanging bullwhip "session"! These "events" usually occur in barns or open areas. The radius minimum allow me to fully utilize the capabilities of an authentic western bullwhip.

2) Restraining the submissive is essential to building tension in anticipation of the corrective procedure utilizing the bullwhip for "newbies" or "seasoned".

3) "undue stress on the wrists"??? My methods of correction don't include ANY consideration for my submissive. Their "comfort" is NOT a factor during disciplinary procedures!

Mistress_Lucie

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Feb 27, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's up to you. The longterm physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of my subjects is paramount to me.

You describe using a particular type of whip in a particular way. Your initial post implied that any whip is totally ineffective and until you subsequently defined your tool and technique that was very misleading. While I agree that such an implement does require an inordinate amount of space, there are many types of whip and singletail that can be used in a much smaller area than you use.

Lucie xoxo

iluvXTRMcbt

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 8, 2012
You know the kinkiest "toy" to own I can think of is a slave. But aside from that I dont really think of any of the items you listed as being more kinky that the others it is all in the imagination of the user, and the way the items are used.

Featured Threads

New Personals