lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
I'm having a spot of trouble with shaving. Not the process, but the frequency. It's frustrating, cuz I'll spend a good half hour shaving only to wake up the next morning to stubbles all over. Any advice to lower the amount of times I hafta shave? :eek::D

Simplyme

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
May 13, 2008
You know they have that cream that they say after awhile is suppose to make the hair thinner and come in less frequently. I am not super familiar with it but I know that it is everywhere and can usually be used anywhere (except the eyes of course :p )

DarayTala

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
May 18, 2008
If you mean shaving legs or anywhere aside from the face my best advice would be to try waxing, it lasts anywhere from two weeks to two months if your lucky. Back when i bothered shaving i had the same problem since my hair grew back so fast, now i dont really mind the hair so i dont bother. Still, if you dont want the hair waxing is the best way to go, you can even get a kit and do it at home. Also, if youre wearing a skirt leggings or stockings are always a good way to cover up the hair if its just stubble.

If you are talking about facial hair, you could always get it removed with lazers, but only if you want it gone permanently. If not, try a thinning shaving cream and change razor blades often. Also, washing with warm water beforehand makes for a much smoother shave so the stubble grows slower.

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Hmm well thanks for the advice, but don't leggings negate the point of wearing a skirt? haha but waxing hmm painful wouldn't you say? Never tried it but it seems like it'd hurt, especially in other places besides the legs

userben

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Nov 27, 2007
iowa
Hmm well thanks for the advice, but don't leggings negate the point of wearing a skirt? haha but waxing hmm painful wouldn't you say? Never tried it but it seems like it'd hurt, especially in other places besides the legs

i have never waxed but one i think could compare it to pulling hair out with duck tape. it the same result but different way of getting the end result

nursemom

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jul 23, 2008
Waxing hurts :eek:for like five seconds, there is no lingering pain;). I would give it a shot if I were you, I had it done once and I thought it was great. Go to a pro, it's worth it.

Beatrice

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Jul 25, 2008
I say you go for waxing as well. It lasts at least two weeks and your skin remains so soft and touchable. And the pain is bareable and doesn't last more than a few seconds, trust me. I hate pain, but i have been waxing for several years now, and I have no problem with that.

sweet10hearts

Banned
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Aug 13, 2008
If you mean shaving legs or anywhere aside from the face my best advice would be to try waxing, it lasts anywhere from two weeks to two months if your lucky. Back when i bothered shaving i had the same problem since my hair grew back so fast, now i dont really mind the hair so i dont bother. Still, if you dont want the hair waxing is the best way to go, you can even get a kit and do it at home. Also, if youre wearing a skirt leggings or stockings are always a good way to cover up the hair if its just stubble.

If you are talking about facial hair, you could always get it removed with lazers, but only if you want it gone permanently. If not, try a thinning shaving cream and change razor blades often. Also, washing with warm water beforehand makes for a much smoother shave so the stubble grows slower.

I would think waxing male genitalia would be quite painful :eek: but I don't know. I am female and have never done wax, i've heard it is more than uncomfortable to painful. Besides, how do you wax the anal area???

MacB

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 21, 2009
sorry to bring back up an old thread, but i've been contemplating waxing for a while now and shave regulalry. but don't beleive there are any places for males to be professionally waxed?

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
A male should be able to get waxed anywhere a female can, unless it is expressly forbidden by signs/company policy.

Belle

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Mar 28, 2009
Just call any salon that provides a waxing service. If you're not sure that they're open to males, just call before showing up. My boyfriend got his stuff waxed and so... there are places men can get it down.

Also go to a pro! I did attempted to do it myself and it was super painful and only half successful... Haha. I've been getting brazilians for a while and the woman does it quick and it's worth it.

Reactions: depp

dwayne1477

Kink Talk Member
  • Lesbian
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 19, 2009
Shaving is a must for me and the woman I am with. Its just so much cleaner and it gives easy access to the area. no bush no fuss so to speak. Sometimes we even shake each other. this is alot of fun.

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I use the Philips Norelco Bodygroom Shaver and it is the next best thing after waxing in my opinion. I shave dry every morning when I wake up. You use a swishing motion when you use if so hair is first trimmed, them goes over the foil, and then passes the trimmers again.

I've recently been really interested in Epilators after hearing out them.

An epilator is an electrical device used to remove hair by mechanically grasping multiple hairs simultaneously and pulling them out. The way in which epilators pull out hair is similar to waxing, although unlike waxing, they do not remove cells from the epithelium of the epidermis. Aside from the spring in early spring-type epilators, there are no parts in epilators that require regular replacement. Epilators come in corded, rechargeable and battery operated designs.

Apparently they are VERY painfull the first few times you use them but over time if used regularly they become painless. I've has my eyes on this one for a long time now. In theory it's even better than waxing.

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
one of my flatmates had an epperlator, first off the sound was terrifying, secondly i had a quick go, it was as you say very painful and left the little bit of my leg i tired it on with what was like a shaving rash but about 50 times worse!

Moneque

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Female
  • Submissive
Apr 22, 2009
Shaving for me is a must do. Just easier to get to and sexier. Straight shot to the goody bag.:p

Featured Threads

New Personals